Chapter 17 - Guilty!

I didn't believe him. It couldn't be Seoul!

"You're lying." I shook my head. "I don't believe you. You just want me to feel better because I messed up the shift –"

"Hyung, look around you!" Jisung shouted, close to tears. "We're standing in the ruins of our school!"

I regained strength in my legs in a second. I came closer to the ruins. He was right. It was our school. I recognized it by the half-burned plate with school name.

"Hunters," I heard Chan. I enhanced my hearing and also heard screams and steps.

"You must have done a bit of noise when you got us here," Changbin commented.

"And is this my fault?!"

"I didn't said that."

Then I saw Jisung's expression.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm worried about my parents," he said.

"I'm worried about mine too," Changbin added. He glanced at Chan. "We want to check on them."

"No one's keeping you here," Chan said. "As I said: it's your choice."

I noticed that he put them in a very uncomfortable situation. They needed to choose: me or their parents. It was obvious whom they'll choose.

"Guys –" I began but Changbin interrupted me.

"We chose long ago. We'll just check on our parents and come back."

"Don't go anywhere without us," Jisung added and they disappeared behind the school fence.

"Don't worry," Gunwoo said, seeing my face. "If within an hour they're not back, we're leaving."

"You can't leave them like this!" I protested. "I can't. And I won't do this!"

"Minho, no one asks you to –"

"Hush!" suddenly Chan hissed. "Do you hear that?"

"I hear nothing," Gunwoo admitted.

I focused and was able to catch a weird sound. Like –

"Get down!" I screamed and pulled Gunwoo on the ground. Chan lay next to us.

A big net, with sharp metal tips on its ends, flew above us. I shivered. So hunters changed their strategy. They planned to kill us on spot.

"It's not over yet," Chan spoke and pulled us downtown. I turned around and saw at least thirty hunters. I didn't even know we had so many!

"How did they know we're here? Did I really make so much noise?"

"I have no idea, mate. They could have found us by chance or they could have waited for us."

"But how would they know about this specific place?"

"Your house was burned, am I right? School is the only place where you would want to go. Someone must have blurted it out."

"Let's see who hates me that much," I muttered, having only one name in mind. "But why us? Impurebloods aren't attacking anymore?"

"Seems that way," Gunwoo answered, looking at houses that we were passing.

Not every building was ruined, which comforted me a bit. But still I didn't see any people and was afraid they were all killed by dirty blood.

"What about my friends? I'm not leaving them."

"And they're surely not leaving you. Don't worry. We need to find some safe zone first."