Chapter 18 - When you are about to die and have to think

We left Seoul without more surprises and then I asked for a break. Exhaustion struck me again.

I lay down on the grass. Jisung and Changbin did the same.

"What about your parents?" I asked hesitantly.

"Evacuated, Changbin's too," Jisung said. I sighed with relief. They survived, it was good news. "But when we were at Changbin's home, we overheard hunters' conversation. They won't let you get away that easily, hyung. Kim Byungchul really hates you and I think he's able to drag hunters on his side. They'll surely send someone after us."

And here we have bad news.

"What now?" Changbin asked Chan. "Where are we going?"

"We're going to Damyang. There future awaits us."

I didn't dig up for further explanation as I was too tired for that. I closed my eyes and quickly fell asleep. I had nightmare right away. Bye, bye rest.

I was in a house. Not mine in Seoul but it seemed familiar. Then I saw toy vampires hanging from the lamp in the play room. It was my house, the real one. I walked through the living room and reached the front door. When I opened it, I froze with horror.

I just stepped into a war.

Vampires were fighting with each other, here and there were dead bodies and walls were covered in blood. I screamed when one of the fighters hit the wall beside me and slid down on the ground, motionless.

I wanted to escape from here but my legs were too heavy. Usually like in nightmares, but then I didn't know it was only a dream. I was afraid it was reality and we were too late and I shifted right into one of Hajoon's battles.

But after a while I noticed something was wrong here. If I was in the middle of the battle, which was supposed to happen in the near future, why was I standing in my old house? According to Gunwoo, it shouldn't exist since my parents' death.

Only now I understood I was seeing neither future nor present, but the past. It seemed to happen before or after Hajoon killed my family.

I relaxed a bit, knowing it was only a dream, though very realistic one. When I stopped paying attention to details, someone got interested in me. It was a tall man in chain mail. His long, black hair fell over his face covered by a bloody wooden mask. He had two swords at his side.

"Are we sightseeing?" he mocked.

I hesitated. It was only a dream, right? I didn't want to talk to him so I ignored it.

"You can't avoid your fate, Lee Minho," suddenly the long-haired vampire said and stabbed me with one of his swords.

I screamed shocked and felt something warm gathering in my throat. I looked up into cold eyes of the vampire before me, guessing who he was.

"Moon... Hajoon..." I gasped and fell into familiar darkness.

***

I woke up violently with a scream and jumped, hitting something hard with my head.

"Ouch, dude!" Changbin groaned, holding his forehead.

I ignored him. Immediately I lifted my jacket and shirt to check the wound. But there was no wound. It really was a fucking nightmare...

I lay down again on the grass, calming my breath.

"Hyung-ah, what's wrong?" Jisung got worried. "You're terribly pale!"

I stayed quiet, still keeping hand on my stomach, fearing the blood can start flowing from it anytime. Cold sweat ran down my neck and before my eyes were still blinking images of Moon's horrid eyes.