Chapter 27 - Mirror of Doom

What I saw first, after I opened my eyes, was total darkness. I panicked that I went blind but in a moment I saw a movement before me.

"Minho?" Haeun whispered. "What happened?"

The tentacle, awoken by her voice, moved and once more squeezed her leg. My eyesight upgraded immediately and I could see in the darkness.

"No!" I screamed but when I threw myself at Haeun, she disappeared from my sight. "No..."

Suddenly something hit my back. Sure that it was another disgusting thing, I swung my claws behind me.

"Noona!" I gasped, in the last moment stopping my hand before I slashed Seoyun's neck. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought you were different," Seoyun said sadly.

"What?" I was confused. "What are you –"

"You were supposed to guide us!" another voice sounded and next to Seoyun stood Gunwoo. His expression was serious and somehow scary. I haven't seen him that angry. "I brought you up only for this! You were supposed to be a worthy leader, Lee Minho!"

"Wait, what are you –!"

I screamed shocked when Chan appeared just before me.

"Stupid, cowardly brat," he growled. His lips didn't move but I was sure he was gritting his teeth. "And I began believing you are worthy. But now? Pathetic!"

"It's not happening," I muttered, stepping back. "It's not real!" I bumped into something with my back and turned around, facing my best friends.

"We thought you were our friend," Changbin said. "And you failed us."

"We trusted you," Jisung added reproachfully. "What have you done?!"

"But what have I done!" I shouted desperate. "What are you all talking about?! I don't –!"

"Coward," I heard another familiar voice. It wasn't sweet anymore. Haeun came out of the shadows and stopped next to vampires and Gunwoo.

"Haeun!" I sighed with relief. "Are you o –"

"Cowardly, unworthy baby vampire," Haeun said mockingly and cold sweat ran down my neck. "Did you really think I changed for you? Did you think I'm not afraid of you? All vampires are the same! Ruthless and bloodthirsty! You're not exception, Minho."

"No..." I groaned, falling on my knees. I put my trembling hands to my ears but their accusations were still ringing in them. "No... stop... I don't..."

"Everything they said is true, Lee Minho."

My hear skipped a beat. I raised my head. Next to Haeun, who was still staring at me angrily, was standing none other than Moon Hajoon. He laughed at extreme horror printed on my face.

"I love this kind of face," he said, grabbing Haeun's waist. I flinched. "Your father also had that look when he was dying."

Something broke inside me. I growled and wanted to charge at him when I was immobilized. I looked at myself and saw these black tentacles that attacked us earlier wrapped around my body in an iron grip. I gasped and fell back on my knees.

"Poor baby vampire," Hajoon chuckled, coming closer to me. His hand was still on Haeun's hip.

"Get your hands of her," I whispered.

"What's that?"

"Get your hands of her!!" I shrieked, jerking with fury. "Ouch!"

The more I struggled, the tighter the tentacles tightened. It was hard for me to breathe. Hajoon again laughed.