Chapter 45 - A waking nightmare

My feet stuck to the ground. My mind went completely blank. I clenched my fists on the stick but I couldn't remember how to use it.

"Impossible," I heard Tsubasa's whisper. "How did you –"

"Find you?" Moon finished for him. He went in further and scanned the house. "Wasn't hard. Their own will always find their own." He looked at Tsubasa, who stiffened.

This hit me. "What is he talking about, Tsubasa?" I asked.

"You didn't tell him?" Moon faked the shock. "How could you, Tsubasa? It's your prince." Now he looked at me. "Or so he thought."

"Stop it!" Tsubasa screamed.

Ringa roared and attacked Moon, who pushed away the polar bear as if it didn't weight over a thousand pounds. Ringa flew at the wall, destroying half of the house. The coldness stormed inside but I barely felt it. Somehow our meeting on stone desert seemed unreal in this situation and I felt like I met him for the first time in my life. That was why only now I realized I was standing before pureblood vampire I was so afraid of. Pureblood for whom I became vampire hunter in the first place.

Pureblood who killed my parents.

Moon Hajoon sighed with disappointment. "Seriously? I was expecting more attractions. More surprise. More FEAR. To be honest, I don't have all day for you all. I came for my property and I'm going back to Damyang."

His property? With horror I understood he was talking about me.

"W-Why do you n-need me?" I said trying to sound brave, but I couldn't control my voice.

"Oh, it's a surprise. I can't wait to see your face when you find out. Ah, should I unveil some of the mystery right now?"

"For example... ?"

"For example that there is a spy in your party. Even two!"

"What?" I felt even emptier.

Tsubasa didn't let him continue and attacked with his claws. Moon Hajoon jumped back, taking the fight outside. I went after them and Yui ran to check on Ringa.

My fears became true. Moon was really powerful. And fast. I could barely see him, even though I trained my sight with Yui!

"Tsubasa!" I shouted.

"Stay away!" Tsubasa said. "Run!"

"As if!"

Moon laughed at my answer and kicked Tsubasa's stomach. The Japanese gasped and disappeared in the snow. Before I could run to him, Moon appeared right before me. I stopped abruptly shocked, slipped on the ice and landed awkwardly just before him.

He reached to me but I pushed away his hand and kicked but of course missed. Suddenly a black shadow cut the air, attacking Moon. It was Yui. I was observing her with awe. She was human but charged as trained vampire assassin.

Tsubasa attacked again but again missed. He landed in the snow second time. Then I realized he was holding his arm.

"Tsubasa, stop it, you'll worsen your injury!" I screamed but he was ignoring me. "TSUBASA!"

"HAAA!" Yui howled, appearing before Tsubasa and sending Moon a series of blows.

What am I doing? Why the hell I'm not helping them? I made a step forward but my legs were against me. "Shit!!" I groaned and finally could move.

But I was too late.

When I looked up, I saw similar scene I saw in my last nightmare. Haeun, covered in blood, grabbed by hair by Moon. But this time it wasn't Haeun but Yui.