PRETEND

NO ONE'S POV

Jennie's heart shattered when she saw her best friend Y/n crying her heart out on her shoulder. It's like that for the past several months. From the time when Y/n met that Hyunjin. Y/n loves him but he always broke her heart and then after some time he says sorry to her and everything becomes normal. They became official 2 months ago and this is the the 5th time he cheated on her.

Jennie was mad at him but she can't do anything because she can't even imagine to loose you. She loves you more than just a best friend but you're oblivious of that and unintentionally broke her heart a million of times. She can't even tell anyone because it would risk your friendship and this is the last thing she wants. Seeing you hugging someone and smiling at someone who is not her broke her heart. But one thing was good, you never kissed him on his lips, at least not in front of her or that's what she thinks.

"A-Am I r-really t-that bad N-Nini?" You asked while sobbing and Jennie rubbed your back comforting you. "No Y/n/n! You're the best" She assured you. "That Hyunjin don't love you, he's just using you to boost up his image Y/n" She said seriously and you pulled away from the hug. "He loves me Nini, it's just that bitch Ryujin! She is taking him away from me but I know he loves only me!" You said making Jennie scoff but she didn't say anything and wiped your tears.

Time skip

"Is that your boyfriend Y/n?" Lisa asked pointing at your boyfriend who was busy making out with Ryujin. "Yeah" you said sadly. "It's alright Y/n. I have a plan through which he'll be running back to you!" Lisa told you making you curious. "What is it?" You asked curiously and Lisa smirked. "Be Jennie's girlfriend!" Lisa said casually and your eyes widened. "What!?! You know we're just best friends!" You shouted at her madly. "Geez! Slow down, you just have to pretend to be her girlfriend and Hyunjin will get jealous of you two and will be back to you!" Lisa explained to you and you thought for a second. "But why Jennie though? I mean there are many other boys and girls in the college" you asked and Lisa rolled her eyes "It's because if people didn't knew about your relationship with Hyunjin, they would consider you and Jennie as a couple! Like girl you both literally act like that, me and my best friend never showed this much affection towards each other!" Lisa stated the fact and you were about to protest when

"Y/n/n! Here's your ice tea!" Jennie came and handed you your favorite ice tea. "Thank you Nini" You said and kissed her cheek in a friendly way. You looked at Lisa and she was smirking while giving you a 'told you!' look. You just rolled your eyes at her and then turned to Jennie again. "Umm, Nini Can we talk later alone?" You asked her "Of course Y/n/n! Will meet at our usual place after college?" Jennie asked you and you nodded your head. Then you both went towards your class.

Time skip

Jennie was already at your meeting place waiting for you. You weren't late, it was Jennie who came earlier. When you came she frowned at the look on your face. You were nervous, actually way more than that. 'What if she denied?' 'What if she hated me after this?' These thoughts were all over Y/N's mind. "Y/n/n, is something wrong? You know you can count on me" Jennie said calmly. "You  can do anything for me right?" Y/n asked nervously and Jennie nodded immediately. "So, Can you be my girlfriend?" You asked and Jennie widened her eyes. "W-WHAT?!" Jennie asked you because she thought she heard something wrong. "I-I mean w-we just have t-to pretend to be a c-couple. I want to make Hyunjin jealous so that he comes back to me" You explained her and the feeling of happiness that Jennie felt for a moment faded away knowing that it was a fake proposal. "But why me?" Jennie managed to ask while preventing herself from crying.