7

"Did I ever tell you how absolutely stunning you look tonight?" Vincent leans back into the booth and stares at me.

I stop the ketchup dipped french fry that was about to enter my mouth as I glare at him.

"You had all night to say that, but you want to when I'm eating like a pig?" I scoff and chomp on the fry.

We went to a nearby McDonalds because I am poor and I know I wouldn't be able to afford any of the upscale restaurants Vincent was recommending.

The stares we got when we walked in was funny, but all I cared about was getting my hands on nuggets.

"Don't even answer that. Here eat some of my nuggets I can't finish it all." I groan and place a hand on my bloated stomach while leaning back.

I thought I was able to handle a 20 piece, but turns out I was wrong.

He slides the tray towards himself and starts to eat the remaining nuggets.

Do men not get bloated?

I'm feeling like a beached whale, but he looks perfectly fine after eating his Big Mac meal and now my nuggets.

Not fair.

"So apology accepted?" He asks sarcastically.

"Hmm I don't think I ever heard the words 'I'm sorry' so." I narrow my eyes at him.

He rolls his eyes and shoves the last nugget in his mouth.

He grumbles something with his mouth full and I can't understand.

"What?"

I see him swallow and he looks at me with a bored look.

"I'm sorry."

"That doesn't sound genuine."

"You never said it had to."

"You're impossible!" I groan.

"Whatever it's fine." I wave the whole thing off and he smiles.

"So," he starts. "Tell me about yourself."

"Is this a job interview?" I cringe at the thought of speaking about myself.

"Is it a crime to get familiar with my employees?"

"No, but I'm not that interesting." I honestly tell him.

I go to work then go home everyday and I don't even go out on the weekends. The coolest thing I do is go on a walk.

"I doubt that. You're hiding something." He states and I freeze.

"Why would I?" I retort.

"No contact with family, no friends, you basically live at the cafe, you-"

"Okay okay stop." I put my hand up not wanting ti hear him any further and he smirks.

"I don't see how this is any of your business. And if anything you're the one hiding something." I turn his accusation onto him. He quirks a brow at me.

"How so?"

"You show up out of absolutely nowhere. Mr. Lorenzo has never mentioned a Vincent before. You suddenly take over the cafe and had a big party with people I've never seen before. Even the people in town are weirded out a little." I give him my analysis of him and he says nothing.

Pushing the tray to the side, he leans forward on the table.

"I'm a business man, Estella. If I want something, I take it." His eyes grow darker as he speaks.