8

Vincent P.O.V (yay)

I looked through the money reports for the month, feeling satisfied at the flow of money. Everything was going smoothly with no suspicions raised.

I heard the bell at the door ring, meaning that Stella was here for her shift.

I felt myself eager to go see her, but I stayed seated to fight it off.

She pushed my buttons like no other.

When I first saw her, I hated her.

I hated weak people.

She stood at the register, shaking as she tried taking orders that morning Cas went to get us coffee.

What's so scary about that?

She annoyed me to the core as I realized I had to keep her employed her as per Lorenzo's orders. I liked the old man, so I could give him that one thing.

That day she fought with Scar about her plants made me realize she had some kind of back bone in her.

Didn't realize all it took was trying to take her plants away.

At the banquet, I was pushing her buttons on purpose. It was fun to tease her.

Her appearance caught me off guard as I'm used to seeing her just at work where her hair is always neatly put up and she's a little dirtied from baking.

I still found that look endearing, but she looked stunning on Friday in that red dress.

I'm glad she followed my orders.

Apparently everyone thought she looked beautiful at the banquet. I tried my best to make it known that she came here with me, but I couldn't stop all the wandering eyes from my acquaintances and family.

It didn't help that I got whisked away by Giselle. I wanted to go watch the orchestra that mesmerized Stella so much, but this upcoming business deal was more important.

You'd have to be blind to not see that Giselle lusted after me, so I used it to my advantage.

All I had to do was show her a little bit of attention for a second, and just like that I have a deal with her dad.

I didn't do anything with her besides getting a drink and listen to her boring stories from her travels.

I dismissed her and tried to find Stella, but she was already cozied up with Carter on the dance floor.

Carter.

He's the one that made it possible for me to run my business in America, so I couldn't do anything to harm him.

Physically.

She looked happy as she danced with him and flashed him dazzling smiles that she never gave to me.

He wasn't deserving of it. Carter was playboy who wanted to put his dick in anything pretty. And it just had to be Stella.

I should've made her come in a trash bag, but not even that would distract from her beauty.

I became irritated and secluded myself on the upper balcony of the theatre. I watched them to make sure nothing happened to Stella.

Clearly I couldn't fight off the feeling to go see her, so I got up from my desk and went to the kitchen.

Stella was focused working on the croissants for the morning, but she was wearing a surgical mask.

"Are you sick?" My voice makes her body jump and she looks up.