5

Vincent closed down the cafe today to prep for the banquet and so everyone could get ready.

It was already 5 and I was just getting into hair and makeup. I spent most of my day in bed scrolling through my phone to look for some kind of makeup and hairstyle to do. I had monolids so it was a bit hard to find a makeup style that worked.

I kept the makeup neutral and emphasized my eyes the most.

(Not what she looks like, just makeup inspo)

I never get glammed up too much, but I love how confident I feel right now.

I wish I always had events to go to so the feeling wouldn't go away.

I didn't know what hairstyle to do, so I kept it simple by just curling it. They would definitely fall out by the time I got home, but it'll have to do.

I carefully put on the $700 dress and cringed every time I remembered the price. I contorted once more to zip up the back. I grabbed the only pair of heels I had which were black open toed ones with a strap securing my ankle. Most of the shoe is covered by the dress anyways so it didn't really matter.

I passed the remaining time by taking some photos of myself to remember this night and listened to music on my bed.  I left the bandaged hand out of the photos, of course.

A knock interrupted my mini concert and I quickly ran to the door, my heels clicking along the way.

I opened the door and my heart melted.

Scar and Luca were standing there in identical black tuxes. They looked at me approvingly.

Scar's hand came out from around his back and a bouquet of flowers was presented to me.

I want to cry.

"I overheard what Vincent said to you so yeah." He looked away from me with pink tinging his cheeks as I grabbed the flowers from him. Luca laughs at his bashful friend.

I gently placed them on the ground and grabbed them both into a big group hug.

"What did I do to deserve you guys?" I say as I rock them side to side.

I rush to find a vase for the flowers and put them in there.

"Vincent is waiting for you." Luca reminds me and a bit of my happiness fades.

"Don't look so down. We'll be there, but you won't see us that much. We have to talk to some of our business partners." Scar tells me and we walk down to the car.

The boys shield me from the lustful stares of some of the men that reside here, throwing out a few threats to those who catcall me.

When we pull up to the theatre, it is jam packed with cars pulling up the the valet.

All of this just because Vincent is taking over a cafe? He must have some really nice friends.

The attendant takes the car keys from Scar and the three of us patiently wait outside for my so called date.