6

"I see you've gotten close with Scar and Luca." Vincent breaks the silence between us.

We couldn't be in a more awkward situation. We stood face to face and it felt like it was only the two of us in this crowded theatre.

"Yeah I'm starting to feel really comfortable around them." I reply and think about the memories I have started making.

"You aren't comfortable around me?"

"I didn't say that." I defend myself. He hums as he looks unconvinced and takes a look around the room.

"So you know all these people?" I ask, changing the subject. I thought it would be a small welcoming party, but it seemed more like a gala.

"Somewhat. Most of them are family, like the first man I talked to. He is my cousin." He explains to me.

That explains all the Italian I hear being thrown around. I wish I could understand the beautiful language, but I'm at a total loss.

Italian-1, Stella -1

Our conversation died after that. Instead of focusing on the awkwardness, I turned my attention to the lovely orchestra.

Their music was soft and not too overpowering for the evening. The soothing melody had me in a trance. I always wanted to learn how to at least play the violin. My parents didn't want to pay for lessons so now I just think about what could've been.

"Do you want to go closer?" Vincent offers, seeing my admiration for the music.

"Yes please." I nod excitedly and start walking towards the stage with him behind me.

I got a lot of stares, mainly for the brooding man behind me. I shyly smile at the people, but they either smile back or scowl before returning to what they were doing.

To find support in this situation, I turn around so Vincent and I can walk side by side.

But I'm shocked to find him barley past the table we were at. His back was turned to me and in front of him was an Italian supermodel if no one told me otherwise. Her tall, slim figure was clad in an off the shoulder black gown with a slit emphasizing her long legs. Her sultry brown eyes looked at Vincent with lust as they spoke. She reaches her hand out to touch his chest, but before she makes contact I begin my journey back to the stage.

An uncomfortable feeling blooms in my chest. The feeling stems from being all alone now and slight jealousy.

That girl was everything I wasn't and more.

She was tall. I only stood at 5'2.

She was slim. I get a little food baby.

She's absolutely stunning. Sometimes I think I'm pretty, but not all the time.

Maybe that's his type.

My insecurities swirled in my head, but I had made it to the front of the orchestra.

Some other attendees stood watching with their date for the night, but I stood alone.

The music rushed to my ears and I felt some kind of peace. I was looking at the orchestra, but I had that blank stare thing going on. My vision was out of focus.

"Sounds beautiful right?" I felt the presence of someone stand beside me.

I looked up to my right and saw a blonde man staring up at the stage. He looked down at me and gave me a boyish grin. I couldn't help but return it.

"It does. I'm Stella." I introduce and hold my hand out.

He has blue eyes, but not the scary blue ones. His are more like the color of the ocean with slight hints of green. Like all the men here, he towered over me but not as much as Vincent does.