Chapter III

"Oh my f*cking gosh!“, bulalas ng kapatid kong napabalikwas pa sa kaniyang lounge chair.

" Language!“, I yelled back.

Nagtitili ito na para bang tinanggalan ng wisdom tooth.

Napabalikwas na rin ako ng bangon.

"Hey, what's going on Ann Marie? Bubulabugin mo pa ata ang mga engkantong namamahay sa lugar na 'to."

Nagtitili pa rin ito at niyakap pa ako ng mahigpit.

"I-I can' t breathe." I whispered na pilit nilalayo ang aking katawan sa kanyang pagkakayakap.

Binitawan nya naman akong bigla at abot tenga ang ngiting sinabi niya, "Mario just texted me."

I was surprised and disappointed at the same time. Surprised that Mario has my sister's number and not mine. Disappointed with him because it seemed like the last time on the beach didn't happen.

Bakit ang kapatid ko ang tinext nya at hindi ako?

I know I'm being selfish and unreasonable right now, but he's confusing me.

"G-good for you." sagot ko na lamang at pinilit ang sarili kong ngumiti.

Knowing my sister, she's expecting me to ask more questions and so I did.

"Ano'ng sabi niya?“

Parang nananaginip pa siyang sumagot.

"Hi." she answered.

"And then?“

“So far wala pa naman." aniyang humiga na ulit sa lounge chair.

I went back to my reading to try to appease myself. If Mario prefers my sister over me, then, I just have to let it go. I want her to be happy and as much as I like him, I won't force myself on him.

"Oh gosh! I still can't believe he texted me." ulit sabi ni Annie.

Napangiti na lamang ako. Isa sa mga bagay na natutunan ko is to accept things fast. Isang taon lang ang agwat namin ni Annie pero siya pa rin ang bunso and contradictory to what she said last time, it is her who gets what she wants all the time. She just needs to bat those long eyelashes and she will get whatever she set her mind into.

Isa pa, sa amin dalawa siya ang pansinin. Every person who compares us with each other would say that she's prettier. She looks like a Japanese model with her angular, sultry face. Mas matangkad din siya sa akin. The reason kung bat lagi siyang napagkakamalang mas matanda.

On the other hand, I have softer features just like my father. Usually, lagi akong natatanong kung may lahi ba raw akong Chinese.

Her beauty is striking while mine's something of an afterthought.

"Ayan nagreply na siya."

Napatingin akong muli sa kanya.

"OMG! Nasa bahay daw silaaaa!" anitong bumalikwas at tumakbo na.

I have a choice to follow her but I did not. I just kept on reading. As of this time, wala ako sa mood makita si Mario.

His lips left mine and slowly he went to kiss my neck. Goosebumps covered my body as his skillful hands started to undo the buttons of my shirt.

I gasped when his warm hand crept inside of it and touched my breast. I looked at him with wide eyes. He paused and smiled.

"I'll be gentle."

"I never thought of you as a romance novel kind of girl."

Itiniklop ko ang librong aking hawak and I came face to face with Mario who's standing just beside my lounge chair.