Chapter 20 - Kiron Enriquez

Kiron Enriquez

Lumaki ako sa mindset ng lolo ko, He is my favorite of all people but I never understood him when I was a little kid. All of his children go on in fixed marriages, pati ang magiging anak ng anak nya. He said that it is a tradition to maintain our power, our privilege, if you disobeyed him, all of your assets, even if it is your hard work, he is taking all of that from you.

Doon pa lang nagtaka na ako, why is he taking all the hard work, blood sweat and tears of his child if they just don't obey or do that fixed marriage? He also hates cheating, if someone in the family cheats. Itatakwil ka bilang anak, kapatid, kamag anak ng mga Enriquez. Hindi lang iyon, kukunin lahat ng mayroon ka, as in lahat and ibibigay iyon sa asawa mo. Ang matitira sa lang sa'yo ang mga damit mo, hindi ka maka-katungtong sa lahat ng pag aari ng Enriquez, you will be starting from the start, kung saan. Walang wala ka.

Is that weird? The whole world knows us as a perfect family but we are also just a complicated family like others had.

I was seven years old, when my dad cheated and that was also when we last saw each other. We never had contact with him because Lolo forbade us to do that. I will never forget that because he always makes a promise that Mom and I are his only priority but I don't know if he now has a new family.

And I really don't believe in love but this girl came to my life, Alexza Sarmiento. We met when we're grade school . I was ten years old at that time. It was love at first sight, someone bullied me and she protected me. I like how brave she was at that time because of that we became friends together with my cousin Mateo. We're really famous that time, they called us gangsters because lahat ng batang nang aapi sa amin ni Mateo pinapaiyak nya.

When we were in high school I took the chance. I confessed to her that I have loved her since when we were young, she did not reject me, she accepted it and just after a month we became girlfriend and boyfriend.

That was the time I met my friend now, the twin. Kyle and Rhayle Sebastian and Matthew Gatchalian, Mateo disguise as a nerd, he just wants a lowkey life not like us. I runned for SSG President, became a high school heartthrob, a famous son of Anexzon University dean.

Pero sa hindi inaasahan, dumating ang delubyo.

Nang gumaling si Mateo sa cancer nya, doon naman nalaman ni Mommy na may Leukemia ako. We also know that cancer is in our genetics, hindi lang pagkakaroon ng kambal sa angkan kundi pati cancer genetic. Alexza didn't leave me, she stayed whenever I had a treatment. The Princess Smith came to our life, that was my Moms business partner's daughter. I never entertained her because I am happy with Alexza but she became my bone marrow donor, I just have indebted to her.

Isa sa pinaka pinagsisihan ko sa buhay, na pumayag ako na siya ang maging donor ko but the most I hated things is Alexza accidents.

Alexza and I had an argument because of the Princess. NIlalayuaan ko iyon dahil ayaw ko mag away kami ng girlfriend ko but Princess always stay whenever I am, kung nasaan ako, anduduon siya. Bakit hindi ko daw deretchin but Mom always insisted that I should be kind and thankful to her because she gave me another life. Ano gagawin ko, naiipit ako sa dalawang bagay. We fought, I was frustrated that time I went to a bar with Kyle, Rhayle, and Matthew to rewind but the thing is sumunod na naman si Princess, she kissed me and Alexza saw that.

It is still clear, all of that.

"Akala ko ba lalayuan mo?" sabi nito. "Bakit ko kayo nakitang naghahalikan? Sasayangin mo lang yung five years natin just because of her?!!" dagadag nito, hinawakan ko kamay nya pero lagi nyang inaalis.