xxx.

PENELOPE FROWNED WHEN SHE awoke that morning. Everyone was leaving again, and not too much longer after that, Jack and Quinn were leaving for interviews for their job. It felt as if she had just gotten everyone back, and they were departing again. She didn't lie when she said she thought of her friends as a star cluster, sometimes there was a loss of a member. But it always seemed to be multiple for the friend group.

Her loud sigh that absentmindedly slipped past her lips must've signaled Luke, feeling him stir from his side of the bed as he rolled onto his back. His brows creased he realized the frown on Penelope's face from the corner of his eye, causing him to let his head fall to look at her.

"What's wrong?" His voice was raspy from his sleep as he reached his hand closest to her to her hair, bringing a few strands between his pointer and middle finger, his thumb brushing against the ends.

"I don't want them to leave." She confessed while fumbling with the comforter that covered her. She tried to collect her thoughts but instead they seemed to plant themselves between her eyebrows as they knitted together.

Luke frowned at the realization of what today was. Although he wouldn't openly express it just as how Penelope did, he truly did enjoy the company of his friends. The thought of them leaving left a sour look on his face, lip curling upwards and crinkling his nose. But he let that face fall, knowing that Penelope hated departing from one's she loved.

Although they were more like 'see you later's rather than 'goodbye's, it still left a bitter feeling in Penelope's heart. Friendships were much like tomorrows for the girl, knowing that they were never promised. Yes, she would wake up tomorrow and her friends would still be her friends, but there was always a possibility. Heck, she knew that from her 'see you later' with someone who use to be a trusted person. Not only in her life, but also from Quinn's life.

Luke scooted closer to the girl, letting her hair drop from his fingers as her head drooped to the side, eyes settling on his hand that rested on the pillows underneath them. "They'll be back, I promise you that." He whispered out to the girl, watching her eyes flicker up to his with a ghost smile coming onto her face.

He seemed to ease her thoughts, flattening out the thoughts that rested in her mind and bringing her a sense of warmth that seemed to melt her deeper into the mattress as she adjusted to her side, her hand resting on his.

Luke's eyes flickered to the contact before he returned back to her eyes. "Hockey season's coming up, quicker than you think," he grinned as he remembered how it felt to be on the ice with thousands of cheering fans. "You'll be able to go to games in New Jersey, or New York. Which ever you prefer." He chuckled lightly.

Penelope couldn't help her own laugh that escaped her lips as she nodded. Last season she didn't have time for games, besides watching them in the comfort of her dorm. Fashion Institute of Technology put a lot of pressure on her, the school being slightly strict. She was grateful to have ended her time there, ready to start at New York University. Maybe then she would have more freedom.

"Will you have classes on weekends?" He now asked, brushing his thumb against her hand.

She shrugged and returned her eyes to the ceiling. "Probably," she muttered with a small frown. "I hate school." She groaned out, rolling her eyes at the simple mention.

"Two years." He reminded her, smiling as he leaned closer towards her and pressed a light kiss to her forehead. "That's all you have left. Two years." He repeated, smiling down at the girl.

Two years too long, Penelope thought and Luke knew that. He loved the way her expressions told him what she was thinking. "You've got this." He grinned before pushing himself off the bed, walking to his closet and grabbing a hoodie to cover his neck for the time being.