Chapter 3: Prologue III

[Previously]

"Izuku?!" Himiko's voice pierced the air, her realization tangible.

'In both timelines, the Exodus kids' fate was sealed, whether by my hand or my grandfather,' Izuku concluded, features devoid of amusement as the dagger descended, entering the first child's heart.

[Prologue Arc] Prologue III

"In the enigmatic dance of existence, secrets are the elusive threads that weave together the fabric of our consciousness, revealing the profound mysteries that lie at the core of our being." - Alan Watts

-You Can Be A Hero Too II-

[Monday, September 02, 2101]

Kyo found herself in the tranquil confines of her guest room at the Kayama Residence, where the sun shone brightly, indicating that it was already noon.

Nemuri was out on patrol as usual. Time had passed, and it had been four long weeks since the unforgettable night at Nichitsu. Ever since then, Kyo hadn't crossed paths with Izuku. He seemed to arise from his room occasionally, but somehow, he managed to avoid her entirely, as if he could sense her presence.

His avoidance left her feeling perplexed and a bit hurt.

There were likely many reasons for his behavior. The memory of him singlehandedly dispatching every Exodus kid in front of them still haunted her. What was even more unsettling was his lack of remorse, as though he had disconnected from his actions completely. Furthermore, there was the mystery surrounding the hidden power within him, which he chose not to share with anyone.

The atmosphere at the Kayama Residence mirrored the silence between Kyo and Izuku. Dinner with Nemuri was now a quiet affair, devoid of the warm conversations they once shared. She had accidentally cut Nemuri's hands today and dinner was even more awkward between them.

It seemed that Izuku was avoiding the company of the women in the house too, making the silence more pronounced.

Nemuri appeared understanding of Izuku's behavior, viewing it as his way of coping with the aftermath of his release from Exodus. But the passage of six weeks since his release made Kyo wonder if this separation was necessary anymore.

The void left by Izuku's absence was taking a toll on Kyo. She yearned for someone to talk to and felt a sense of boredom creeping in, as the days ticked by in silence. The once lively atmosphere of the house now felt mundane and lifeless.

Yet, even amid the silence and isolation, Kyo couldn't shake the emotions that stirred within her. She knew that something needed to change, and she couldn't let the divide between her and Izuku persist. With resolve building within her, she pondered how to bridge the gap and bring life back into the house once more.

...

Izuku had spent the last four weeks handling affairs in the other world, successfully defeating all the Monarchs except for Perses. The Cup's use had set the world back ten years but didn't affect the Monarchs, allowing them to retain their powers and memories from the original timeline.

However, Izuku's predecessor, Ashborn, couldn't reincarnate since his heart now resided within Izuku. This situation made Izuku aware that Perses was likely keeping a close eye on him, ready to make his next move. But Izuku was determined to defeat Perses before the Dragon King could counteract his actions.

His companions, Himiko, Toya, and Tenko, had disappeared from the grid again, and judging by his timestamps, he was scheduled to meet Hitoshi in a few days. Yet, Izuku found himself avoiding Hitoshi, knowing that it might affect future encounters with Shoto, Momo, Itsuka, and the formation of their friend group.