Chapter 12: Chaotic Confusion III

[Previously]

As Hitoshi sprawled across the wet floor, unconscious, the clone, now withering into a messy goop on the tiles, muttered words unheard. "I had hardened a part of my body that you had struck with mana, nullifying the impact."

'He's a good fighter at such a young age; Uncle Aizawa taught him well,' the shadow clone mused before turning into a messy goop on the wet floor.

[Hunter Arc] Chaotic Confusion III

"To reach the top spot in any field, hard work alone won't be enough; you must also have the talent for it."Sayem Sarkar

-You Can Be A Hero Too II-

[Monday, September 19, 2101 - 8:25 AM]

The cascade of memories surged forth from his clone, an unrelenting tide that reached back two weeks, culminating in the fierce clash between his clone and Hitoshi.

It pounded against his consciousness, a relentless force that throbbed in his temples, threatening to overwhelm him.

'What a fucking moron! How could my clone be so stupid? Where has our intelligence gone?!' Izuku pondered as he placed his hand on top of his forehead.

'I didn't expect my clone to do something as crazy as fight Hitoshi. Was he attempting to set me up to go to jail?'

"Benietsu, fix that mess. Ensure not a trace remains of the fight," commanded Izuku, his gaze ablaze with a vibrant green intensity.

"As you command, my liege," affirmed the loyal serpent with unwavering devotion.

...

Sayoko alighted on the rooftop of Yuuei High School. The ten-minute window before the first period stretched out before her like a brief but crucial intermission.

"Alright, Kurono," Izuku's voice resonated through her earpiece. "I'm setting the timer for ten minutes, but in reality, you'll only have eight. The spare two are for your exit. Get in, get the job done."

"Okay..." Her voice trailed off, incredulous at the audacity of the task. She had no desire to tarnish herself further.

Yet, there was no retreat for her.

Gathering her resolve, Sayoko straightened, adjusting the black cloak that clung to her slender frame. Subtle flexing of her fingers unleashed thin, dark, razor-sharp blades from concealed compartments in her gloves.

Eyes closed, she centered herself before launching into action.

In a heartbeat, she leaped off the rooftop, hurtling towards the ground. The wind tousled her midnight hair as she descended gracefully.

Executing flips and spins with precision, she landed soundlessly on the windowsill of an empty room.

Sayoko peered inside, assessing the situation. The room lay quiet, desks neatly arranged for the students. She melted into the shadows, moving like a wisp of smoke.

Navigating narrow hallways, her footsteps echoed softly on cold tiles. A security camera swiveled toward her, catching a glimpse of her face. Swiftly, she produced a small device from her cloak, rendering the camera useless with a burst of static.

"Two minutes down, Kurono. Keep it up," Izuku's voice reminded her, seconds ticking away.

Scaling the stairwell effortlessly, she leaped onto the railing instead of using the door to access the next floor. Gravity seemed to dance with her as she somersaulted mid-air, landing on the opposite railing with the finesse of a gymnast.