Chapter 2: Figuring things out

~Third Person POV~

Yoichi was leading away his Oniichan when both of them heard police sirens. Aoi thought one of the people in the crowd must've called them, while Yoichi was just thrilled to see something this cool in real life.

"Oh my god this is so exciting!!" Yoichi cried in in happiness.

"Mom is going to kill me for this." Aoi groaned in response. Don't get him wrong, he was glad that his little brother was enjoying this so much, however said younger brother also had a sickness that makes his bones hollow, his skin easily ripable, and lack of muscles.

"Are you the boy that stopped the... water cube?" A serious looking police officer walked up to the two white haired brothers and the small girl who was still in Aoi's arms.

"Yup." Yoichi flashed a bright smile at the police officer. "My Oniichan is the best. He swam all the way up and stopped the girl who caused this."

Hearing this, the little kid flinched and started crying softly. She looked around the same age as Yoichi, and hearing someone your age accusing you never helps in these sorts of situations.

"Yoichi!! That's not very nice." Aoi reprimanded him. "She has been through a lot."

"And how do you know that?" Yoichi sassed.

"Look at the scars on her body. She was abused." the older brother growled. If only Yoichi wasn't so fragile, I would smack him right now.

"That looks to be true. Can I take a look at the girl?" The police officer made himself known again.

"Of course sir." Yoichi said, giving him a two fingered salute.

If only this situation wasn't so serious, I would laugh, the police officer thought in amusement.

"Right. We need to get her to the hospital right now." the officer commanded as soon as he saw the bleeding scars.

"Don't l-leave me." The girl wailed as she desperately clutched to Aoi's soaked shirt. "D-don't let them t-take me!!"

"Hey it's ok. They won't hurt you." Aoi whispered to the black haired girl. "These guys will take you to a very nice family where you will be safe."

"B-but what about y-you?" She said, wiping her tears.

"I might see you again, I might not." The older boy paused for a moment. "But remember to look on the bright side of things. What's your name?"

She mumbled something.

"Sorry I didn't catch that." The white haired boy was worried. It made sense why she might not like her last name, but what's wrong with her first name?

"Yumi..." She spoke up softly. "Yumi Aizawa."

"That's a lovely name." Aoi smiled at her. "See? Even through all this, you still have a beautiful name, and a bright future."

"Time to go, little one." The police officer announced. "The nurses will take care of you."

Yumi smiled sadly, "I guess this is a goodbye. Thank you."

"It's nothing. Expecting a thank you for helping people isn't the qualities of a good person." Aoi proudly stood up. "Helping others without discriminating, and accepting help when offered, are."

Aizawa gave him one last hug before following the nurses. With that, Aoi sighed and turned around.

"Let's go home before mom gets too worried." The taller brother said while walking over to the shorter one.