Chapter 3: Breaking

A/N I made up the names the Shigaraki mom and dads names. Google failed me once more 😔. Making up names is so hard 😭. They just sounded cool, I have no idea if they means something or if they are actual Japanese names lol

~Yoichi's POV~

I woke up to a sharp yell. Hazily blinking my eyes open, I clumsily stood up and hobbled over to my door. I was very tired for some reason and couldn't recall how I fell asleep. The last thing I remember was sitting at my desk. I was angry. Why...?

It took some effort, but I managed to turn the door handle and step out of my room. More screams were heard coming from the living room. It sounded like mother was accusing someone. Who...?

As I got closer, I managed to make out a second voice. It was Oniichan.

"HOW DARE YOU TAKE MY BABY FROM ME!!!" Mom screamed, a loud crash echoed through the house as she threw something and it shattered.

I heard Aoi grunt. "I didn't. I swear it's not what it looks like."

"YOU ARE A MONSTER!! A USELESS MONSTER!! AND NOW YOU'RE ACTING BEHIND MY BACK!!!" Another loud crash was rang through the house, followed by a loud 'owwww'.

I stepped out of the hallway and saw my brother crouched on the ground with shattered plates around him. A piece of ceramic was sticking out of his shoulder, covered in blood. On the other side of the room, my mother was holding a stack of ceramic plates and jugs. She looked furious and ready to kill my Oniichan. My milky green eyes met her dark blue ones and her scowl softened.

"Yoichi dear, can you come over here for a sec?" She cooed at me.

"What are you doing to him!!" I screamed at her, stumbling over to Aoi.

I knew she neglected my brother, but I never knew she abused him. Or maybe she doesn't. Maybe this is the first time, I thought. Then why? Did he do something? No he would never hurt his family. I know he wouldn't. Is it because...

"He is a monster. He has one of those vile mutations." She growled, glaring at Aoi. "He left a note in your room, telling you not to tell us 'about it'. He is trying to turn you into a monster. I won't let him take my baby from me."

At her words, I finally remembered yesterday's events. Aoi has a quirk, but so do I. She isn't screaming at me, and she said the note didn't mention anything about a quirk. Just about 'it' whatever it may be. Is Oniichan taking all the blame? Why? The answer came to me immediately. He doesn't want mom to hurt me. She wouldn't... right? No, I trust his judgement. If he thinks she might hurt me because of a quirk, then she actually might. I didn't want to think about it. Mom has always treated me with kindness, never raising her voice at me. Neither did dad. But I also knew they despised quirks. Unlike Aoi, they believed what they saw on TV. This is a very dangerous situation.

"Yoichi. Please, stay out of this." Oniichan spoke up. His voice was hiding his pain well, but his expression wasn't.

"DON'T SPEAK TO HIM!! DON'T TAKE MY BABY FROM ME!!!" Mom screamed again, throwing another plate at him.

Since he was already wounded, he couldn't dodge in time. The plate hit his forehead with a solid crash, shattering on impact, and showering the ground in ceramic shards. I screamed in fear, while Aoi merely grunted again, rubbing the spot on his head where he was struck. I couldn't take it anymore. Oniichan didn't deserve this.

With a battle cry, I ran at my mum as best I could, and crashed into her. My attempt at pushing her down backfired, for the next thing I knew, my shoulder dislocated again.