𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

—

— .₊°✧︡ ˗ ˏ ˋ ★ˎˊ ˗ 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞˗ ˏˋ ★ˎˊ ˗ ✧︡ °₊.—

"is that mia jahma? formula-two champion?" alex shouted out, causing the girls head to turn. the smile on her face spread seeing her friend.

she couldn't quite believe she was actually here, something she had dreamed off her entire life.. something she never thought she'd achieve simply because she was a woman.

but against all odds.. she was here. and she was going to show everyone that she deserved to be here.

"is that alex albon? my formula-one teammate?" she shouted back giddily, feeling his arms wrap around her. she had known alex her entire life, as well as lando, george and a few other drivers on the grid, from karting.

"you're finally here. i can't believe it! you deserved to be here five years ago.. but let's not get into that." he scoffed, alex was always the person who could bring a smile onto her face.

she moved the hair from her face, looking around the garage. this was so surreal to her, everything felt different. but yet.. the exact same.

she could tell what he was yearning to ask, but was beyond thankful that he knew her well enough to hold back on the question. however she knew the minute lando set eyes on her, the questions would come flooding out.

"alex! mia!" james called out from the banner, eagerly awaiting the pair to make their way to the engineers. mia took a deep breath, looking around once more to let it all settle in.

then she shook it off and alex smiled proudly at his friend, holding out his arm as the both of them made their way towards the stairs.

-

"mia!" george came running over, holding an umbrella safely over his head as the rain came crashing down. "so.. how's your first day as a formula one driver been?" he panted slightly, rushing under the tent to cover himself.

she smiled at him gently, "the exact same as it was three months ago when i was a formula two driver." she joked, george nodding in agreement.

the two stood in silence, looking out at the rain. "you think i deserve to be here?" she asked him shyly, one thing about george.. he would tell the honest truth. 

"yes mia. you didn't win on a fluke, you're talented. i don't want you here, because you're hard to beat. but you deserve a seat more than most people here. myself excluded obviously." he gently pushed his shoulder to hers, another smile spread across her face.

she hummed in response, "i want to meet alonso. i had a poster on my wall of him. is that weird to say? i shouldn't say that.. i'm definitely going to say that." she rambled, a laugh coming from her old rival and close friend.

"oh.. he knows." he whispered, a gasp escaping her lips as she hit his arm. "what! i didn't tell him.." he snickered. of course he didn't.. she knew exactly who did though.

"lewis goddamn hamilton." the pair couldn't hold in their laughter as eyes flew towards them, only causing more laughter to erupt from their lips.  "is he still stubborn as ever?" she tilted her head to look at the mercedes second driver.

he toyed his head side to side, "he seems more.. positive. not the lewis you knew." he confided, placing his head on hers. "definitely a better teammate than you."

"how dare you! i was a great teammate, i let you past me so many times." she scolded, seeing his face light up with amusement. "god. i want to go back and lose f-two just to avoid you."

"you missed racing me so much! let's not lie to each other." he teased, then the pair fell back into silence. he was right.. she did miss racing against the people she started out against, but she was equally as nervous to see the man she had been avoiding for two years.

but she wasn't going to let anything hold her back.

especially him.

not again.

-

excited to write this sm!