𝐭𝐰𝐨

—

— .₊°✧︡ ˗ ˏ ˋ ★ˎˊ ˗ 𝐭𝐰𝐨 ˗ ˏˋ ★ˎˊ ˗ ✧︡ °₊.—

mía jumped as she walked into the garage, holding her face as the confetti came flowing down. "oh my god! i think i'm having a heart attack." she shook her head.

james smiled down at her, clapping his hands as did the others in the room. "i didn't get this!" alex argued as he walked into the room, wrapping his arm around his friend.

"it was one point guys.. come on now." she joked, a smile fixated on her face as everyone carried on. she looked up at alex and then around once more.

she felt like she was home.

"one points better than a dnf to be honest." alex whispered, setting his helmet down next to mia's. "but again.. a haas finished above you."

"and i finished above a ferrari. don't disrespect me." she teased, pulling her hair down as it settled below her shoulders. "anyways. focus on the next one right?"

he nodded in agreement, walking over to his PR agent. mía followed his lead, doing the same as made her way out to the pen.

as she stepped forward she was placed behind lewis who was talking to some reporters. she didn't know how, but they hadn't spoken.. or even really seen each other since she started.

maybe luck was on her side, or he was avoiding her as she was doing to him. "thank you." as he spoke, his body spun round and their eyes connected for the first time in so very long.

she didn't know a look could say so much, his eyes were exactly as she remembered. but they seemed.. sadder, yet determined. "you had a good race today. congratulations." he nodded towards her.

"yeah. you too.." she replied shyly as he made his way back to his garage. her heart felt as if was both beating at an insane pace and not moving at all. she had spent over a year trying to forget his face.

she was the only person who could probably trace his face perfectly with her eyes closed, she knew every small detail about him. and all those months of washing him from her memories.. that one small second undid it all.

everything she pushed away came rushing back at a pace she couldn't fathom. "mia, they're ready for you." kelsey, her PR agent, pushed her gently towards the microphones.

so she forced a smile onto her face, and walked over with her head held high. as she was speaking, she felt those familiar brown eyes burning into her, and as they did she could feel the nerves starting to bubble back up.

her eyes switched towards the man as he looked away, walking away without a second to spare. "thank you so much, have a lovely day." her words were rushed as she practically ran away from the tv.

"who are you running from?" lando appeared infront of her, passing her a bottle of water. "oh. you're running from he who shall not be named?" he whispered.

"you're so annoying." she couldn't hold back the smile as lando walked by her side, "but no, more like he's running away from me." she turned her nose to look at him.

"i think he got like three podiums last year.. and all of a sudden you're back in his life, first race he's back on there." lando teased, pushing her gently.

"will you please go away." mia pushed his face as he stumbled to the side. the pair carried on walking down the paddock, settling back into old ways.

"how's the apartment search going?" lando leant back on the bars as mía copied his actions and let out a small sigh, watching the people rush back and forth.

"max owes me so much money.. i'm so mad at him." she laughed out, lando doing the same. "i lost my security deposit because of him! i will never do another quadrant video in my life. mark my words."

"oh come on! you know you love doing those videos." he pushed his elbow into her, earning a small smile in return. "he does feel bad." she raised her eyebrows at his words, "okay.. he doesn't. he actually thinks it's hilarious."

"putting a massive hole in my wall is not funny! i got evicted! you know how hard it is to find a nice apartment in monaco?" she scolded.

he held a hand over his mouth, muffling his laugher, "it's monaco.. it's not hard at all." he retorted, lifting his head slightly as alex walked over.

"whatcha talking about?" he positioned himself between the two, looking between the both. "okay. well.. this is fun." he hummed softly, looking up as the sky became cloudy.

her eyes gravitated towards the man she once loved for the third time, her lips tugged into a smile as she saw him moving through the crowds on his scooter.

memories flashed back to when he used to make her ride on the back, taking them up and down the paddock. she was honestly more scared in those moments than when she was going two hundred miles an hour.

the boys stood to the side of her gave her a strange look as she laughed to herself, remembering the times when life felt so much happier.. more peaceful than now.

but those times are gone.

and so is he.

-

how will i survive without f1
for a whole month </3