Chapter 1

Number 27. I looked at the number on the wall then down to the messages on the phone. Number 27. This has to be the right place. I took a breath, finally clicking the buzzer. It rang. I smiled into the camera.

"Caralina!" the familiar voice called through the microphone, "Hang on, i'll be right down to help with the bags."

A grin spread across her face as she waited for her brother to come down. She couldn't wait to see him again after almost a year of being apart. The thought of being with her family, especially her brother, provided a sense of comfort and warmth she desperately needed right now. Moments later, the door to the apartment complex swung open, and there he was – Cian, her big brother, beaming with joy. Without hesitation, he pulled her into an excited hug, engulfing her in his arms.

"Cara!" he exclaimed, his eyes shining with happiness.

"It's good to see you too, Cian" she replied, her voice tinged with emotion as she hugged him back.

As they made their way up to their apartment, Cian Jr. bombarded her with questions about her travels, eager to catch up on all the details of her journey. Cara recounted her adventures, sharing stories of the places she had visited and the people she had met along the way. Her brother's genuine interest and the shared laughter eased the weight she had been carrying on her shoulders.

"You must be exhausted." he announced as they reached the apartment. "I organised the second room for you while we're in monaco." he showed her to her room, which was adorned with touches of home, making her feel instantly welcomed and loved. She took a step in, dumping her bag into the corner. "And I've told the team that you're with me so they're organising flights and hotels for us both."

She looked over her shoulder at him. "What do you mean?"

"You can't spend the year here in this apartment Cara." he gently reminded, stepping into the room behind her.

Cara sighed, turning to face him fully. "I can't just be your groupie Cian."

He chuckled, "I know Cara, so I got you a job with the team. You're our new media girl." he smiled, proud of his achievements. As Cara was about to respond he retreated from the room. "Don't respond now Cara. have a rest and think about it. Come out whenever you're ready and well order some food"

"I'm really glad you're here, Cara," Cian said, sincerity in his eyes as he pulled the door closed behind him.

Cara walked around her room, taking in the tastefully decorated space. Large windows framed a breathtaking view of the Monaco bay, where the azure waters sparkled under the midday sun. Yachts of varying sizes dotted the water, their sleek forms contrasting against the vastness of the sea. Cara could hardly believe she was here, in this luxurious playground of the rich and famous, with her brother by her side.

The sound of exotic engines humming reached her ears as she gazed out the window. Sports cars, each one a marvel of engineering and design, zipped past in an orchestrated ballet of speed and style. The colorful vehicles painted streaks of vibrancy against the backdrop of Monaco's opulent architecture, each car a symbol of the high-octane world that revolved around her brother.

With a contented sigh, Cara turned away from the window, shedding her travel-worn clothes. She pulled open her suitcase, revealing her familiar pajamas. Slipping into them, she couldn't help but appreciate the comfort they brought, a reminder of her own space amid unfamiliar surroundings.

The plush carpet under her feet felt like a gentle hug as she padded over to the bed. She slipped beneath the soft covers, sinking into the mattress as if embracing a warm embrace. Pulling out her phone, she snapped a quick photo of the view outside, ensuring the bay and its luxurious yachts were perfectly captured in the frame.

Sending the photo to her dad with a simple message – "Settled in, love you" – she felt a sense of reassurance knowing that even though she was thousands of miles away, she was still connected to the people who meant the most to her. The blinking lights of her phone's screen illuminated the room with a soft, comforting glow as she set it on the bedside table.

As she lay in the cocoon of her bed, the gentle breeze filtered through the open window, carrying with it the faint scent of the sea. The rhythmic sound of waves crashing against the shore became a lullaby, easing her into a state of relaxation. With every inhale, she absorbed the tranquility of the moment, allowing the weight of her worries to melt away.

Cara closed her eyes, her thoughts drifting between the vivid memories of her travels and the promise of the coming days in Monaco. The racing heart she had carried with her was gradually slowing its pace, finding synchrony with the soothing rhythm of the bay. It was a new chapter, a chance to rediscover herself, to heal, and to find unexpected connections in a world fueled by speed and passion.

Cara smiled warmly, feeling a deep sense of gratitude for her brother's support and love.

She felt a sense of relief wash over her. In the presence of her brother, she knew she could finally find the solace she needed, a safe harbour amidst the turbulence of her past.