Chapter 2

Cara slowly blinked her eyes open, feeling an unusual sense of tranquillity enveloping her. The nap she had just taken was truly the best one she had in a long time. She rubbed her eyes and glanced around the room, realising that the sun had set, and a warm, golden glow seeped through the curtains, casting a soft ambiance over the apartment. Stretching her arms above her head, she yawned and lazily reached for her phone on the bedside table.

As she checked her notifications, she noticed a string of missed calls and messages from a familiar number. She let out a frustrated grumble, realising that he still hadn't gotten the message that she wanted him out of her life for good. Determined not to let his intrusion ruin her time with her brother, she turned her phone off, slipping it back onto the table. Her grumbling stomach reminded her of a more pressing matter: food. Cara swung her legs out of bed and left her room, feeling invigorated after the rejuvenating rest.

As she stepped into the living area, she heard the sound of her brother's voice coming from the kitchen. Cara's face lit up with a smile, eager to catch up with Cian.

He looked at her, leaning against the counter with an easy grin on his face, "Hey, sleepyhead! Perfect timing, I just ordered food. Sleep well?"

"Like a baby," she replied with a smile, feeling a sense of comfort wash over her.

And then, she saw him – leaning against the counter opposite her brother. Leventee Ross, her brother's best friend and competitor she had watched countless times on the racetrack, now stood before her in person.

"Hey, Cara," He said, extending a hand towards her "Nice to finally meet you."

For a moment, she froze, suddenly self-conscious about being in her pyjamas

"Hi," she managed to say, shaking his hand. She flicked her gaze to her brother. Questions swarming in her eyes.

He picked up her thoughts, smirking at her "I hope you don't mind him being here. He wouldn't take no for an answer once I told him you were here."

She had seen him on TV, heard her brother talk about him, and even spoke to him on the phone a few times when talking to Cian, but meeting him in person was an entirely different experience.

"I've heard so much about you," Levi continued, his smile warm and inviting. "I just had to see it for myself"

"I hope I live up to my name," Cara replied, trying to shake off her initial nerves.

"Of course you do, you're the best." Cian interjected, giving his sister an affectionate pat on the shoulder before moving around the kitchen, pulling a mug down from the shelf, pouring coffee into it from the premade pot on the counter.

He handed it to her, Cara took a grateful sip, savouring the comforting warmth that spread through her body. "You always know how to make the perfect cup," she complimented her brother, a genuine smile gracing her lips.

"No Cara, you just make shit coffee." he mocked, tousling her hair.

Cara swatted his hand away, and he chuckled, grabbing his jacket off the back on the chair as he prepared to head out to collect the food. He glanced at Cara again, who was now leaning against the counter with a relaxed smile. "You okay here?" he asked, concerned for her comfort.

Cara nodded, "Im fine. just slowly wilting away from starvation."

Cian chuckled again planting a soft kiss on her head. "I'm so happy you're here. It means the world to me."

"I missed you too," she replied, her voice filled with sincerity.

Cian grinned, nodding at Levi before making his way out of the kitchen.