Chapter 9

The grandeur of the casino's red carpet unfurled before them, a vibrant scarlet path leading to the dazzling entrance of the event. Cameras flashed, capturing the glittering smiles and designer gowns of the celebrities in attendance. Levi and Cara stood side by side, their presence commanding attention. Levi, impeccably dressed in a tailored suit, exuded confidence as he stepped onto the carpet.

Cara wore a midnight blue dress that seemed to capture the essence of the night sky. The gown clung to her figure, accentuating her graceful silhouette. Silver sparkles adorned the fabric, twinkling like distant stars against the deep blue backdrop. The dress flowed elegantly around her, pooling at her feet, and every movement sent a shower of silver shimmering through the air. The bodice was delicately embroidered with intricate patterns, accentuating her curves in all the right places.

Her golden waves of hair cascaded down her back, contrasting beautifully against the dark hue of her dress. The soft curls framed her face, adding a touch of ethereal charm. Cara's eyes sparkled with a mix of excitement and confidence, her gaze meeting the camera lenses with grace.

Levi had personally selected the dress for her during their quick shopping trip, his keen eye for fashion evident. He brought it home to her and waited while she got ready. The moment she stood out from her room his breath had hitched in his throat, his heart skipping a beat at the sight of her. The dress seemed to have been tailor-made for her, enhancing her beauty in ways he hadn't thought possible. His fingers had grazed the delicate fabric, his touch gentle, as if afraid she might vanish like a mirage.

"Wow," he had breathed out, his voice barely a whisper. Cara had turned to him, a questioning smile on her lips. "You look incredible," he had managed to say, his words laced with genuine admiration. Cara blushed, turning away from him to get her purse.

Back in the present, Levi composed himself, waiting patiently for their chance to walk the carpet.

"Levi Ross, Formula 1 driver and his date Cara Hart." The worker introduced them, gesturing for them to move forward. Cara smiled graciously, her sea-blue eyes sparkling with a mixture of excitement and nervousness. Levi, ever the gentleman, stood tall beside her, offering reassurance with a subtle squeeze of her hand before walking out hand in hand. They took their place.

The cameras flashed, their bulbs piercing the darkened evening, casting Levi and Cara in a surreal glow of light. They stood side by side, smiling for the cameras.

Levi's hand rested gently on Cara's waist, the touch barely perceptible, yet enough to convey the image of a couple deeply in love. The photographers swarmed around them, their rapid-fire questions hurled at them like arrows.

"How long have you been dating?" one eager reporter called out.

"Where did you meet?" another shouted.

"What does Cian Hart think about this?" a third chimed in.

"Show more affection!" a photographer barked, clearly unsatisfied with the posed smiles.

Feeling the pressure from the barrage of questions, Levi turned to Cara, his eyes seeking solace and understanding amidst the chaos. His hand, still on her waist, tapped lightly to capture her attention. Cara, her own eyes reflecting the same confusion and apprehension, met his gaze. With grace that belied their calculated facade, Cara reached up, her fingers brushing his hair behind his ears in a soothing gesture.

The touch, though simple, carried a depth of intimacy that was palpable. It was as if they had momentarily forgotten the invasive lenses and the inquisitive voices that surrounded them.

Her gaze met his, and his eyes were a question in themselves, a silent plea for cooperation And Cara, for the first time, found herself unable to look away. It was as if time had slowed, stretching the seconds into an eternity, and in that suspended moment, they both realised the depth of the act they were performing.