Chapter 3

The next morning, Cara woke up to the sound of her phone buzzing on the bedside table. She groggily reached for it and saw a message from her brother, Cian. "Hey, I just left, I'll call you to meet for lunch. Enjoy the morning! Love you."

Cara smiled at the message, feeling the warmth of her brother's love even from miles away. She stretched and got out of bed, intending to start her day with a cup of coffee and maybe some light reading.

As she made her way towards the kitchen, she heard faint noises coming from the sitting room. For a moment, the memories of her past trauma threatened to engulf her. She hesitated, her heart pounding in her chest, wondering if he had somehow found her again. She quickly dialed Cians number, hoping he would pick up, but it went straight to voicemail.

Feeling her anxiety escalating, Cara took a deep breath, trying to steady herself. She couldn't let her past dictate her present. With a surge of determination, she decided to confront the situation head-on. Wrapping herself in a robe, she slowly made her way towards the source of the noise.

As she entered the sitting room, her heart stopped for a moment, her eyes widening with surprise. There, sitting on the sofa, was a woman she had never seen before.

Cara immediately confronted the stranger, her voice slightly trembling but firm. "Who are you? how did you get in here ?"

The woman jumped from the couch, stumbling over her heels on the floor, her eyes widening in surprise. "Oh, I-I'm sorry. I didn't expect anyone else to be here."

Cara's mind was racing. her confusion growing at the woman's expensive attire "Who are you?"

"I could ask you the same question," the woman replied, her voice equally uncertain.

Cara took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves. "I'm Cara, Cian's sister."

Her eyes widened in realisation, and she immediately stood forward, looking apologetic. "Oh, I didn't know you were coming to stay with Cian. He didn't mention anything about it. I'm Valentina," she replied. "Cian's girlfriend."

Cara felt her tension easing slightly, "Oh, I didn't know he had a girlfriend. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding."

"It's okay," Valentina replied, looking relieved. " I had no idea you were coming to stay with him."

"It was a last minute decision, I just got here last night," Cara explained, feeling a bit more at ease.

Valentina sighed, still feeling apologetic. "I'm really sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I didn't expect to find someone else here."

"It's okay," Cara reassured her, offering a small smile. "I understand. I wasn't expecting you either." she chuckled.

"It's nice to meet you, Cara," Valentina said with a smile. "Cian talks about you a lot."

Cara smiled back, feeling more at ease. "Nice to meet you too I suppose."

Valentina, looked towards the floor, the awkwardness clear. "Anyway, I should probably leave." she smiled, walking towards the door. Cara stiffened. "I'll call Cian later"

"Would you like to join me for coffee?" Cara suggested as Valentina reached for the door. "I just arrived last night and I have never been here before. Maybe we could explore together?"

Valentina smiled. "I would love that."

"Perfect," Cara responded, her gaze momentarily drifting over Valentina's attire before her own robe. "Just give me a moment to change."

As Cara got dressed, she carefully picked out an outfit that blended comfort and style. She chose a flowy sundress in a soft pastel colour, perfect for the warm weather in Monaco. As she looked out of the window, she couldn't help but admire the breathtaking view of the Mediterranean sea glistening under the golden rays of the morning sun.