Chapter 9

—Start of Chapter—

Hercules stretches his muscles a bit as I exit the bathroom. "You ok, Y/n?" I simply nod my head as I dry my hair with a towel. "You should get going, I'll go see you later," I say as I give Hercules a small smile. "Right... don't push yourself, okay?" "Yes yes. If anything, I could watch your battle in here, they're screening it this round or something. Anyways you better hurry. You shouldn't be late." Hercules quickly kisses my cheek as he leaves the room. "Pftt- Ah no wait, that's rude. Haaa... too bad... how come all the gods I hook up with end up dying? Whatever, I should enjoy this show." I sit down on the table and I bring the bottles close to me. "This should give you a better view, enjoy it." A screen pops up in front of us as it screens in on Heimdall as he begins his introduction. "Glad I got the VIP channel right?" I say as I smirk at the others. The souls trapped inside the bottle pay no mind to me as they stare at the next battle. "You guys are so mean to me! I'm saving you all and this is what I get in return?" Adam's soul wavers a bit before focusing on the screen again. First enters Jack the Ripper and soon after, Hercules. "AHHH!!! Hercules looks so cool right now, don't you think?" I start fangirling as I recall what happened just a few minutes ago. Poseidon's soul starts shaking the bottle violently as he tries to get to me. "Oops... sorry Poseidon." I look back to the screen as I watch in amusement. This will never get boring no matter how many times I watch this.

Hercules starts getting angry at Jack's attempts at running away and when he breaks Jack's scissors, everyone probably thought it was over. "Foolish being... they don't know Jack's true nature. Did they really think that's all a mastermind murderer could do?" The souls look at me with confusion and I simply tell them to continue watching. Jack pulls out a bunch of small knives from his bag and it manages to pierce Hercules's body. Jack reveals another Völundr which he claims is his true Völundr.

***

Jack begins falling as Hercules is about to strike. "Rest," he says as he brings his arms up. But just then, Jack brings his hands forward and pierces right through Hercules's body with both hands. As Hercules begins fading away, he embraces Jack in his dying moments. "Never forget. I will... always... love... humans." Hercules says as he smiles at the man. "Alas... no different as usual. I'll be right back souls, I need a new friend to collect," I say as I hop out the window and quickly make my way to the arena to collect Hercules's broken soul into a bottle. "Perfect." I landed at the entrance of the human gates for Jack so I could help his wounds. Jack stumbles as walks on the bridge and the audience begins throwing rocks at him. "TAKE THAT BACL, YOU MURDERER!" "I WISH YOU WOULD'VE DIED!!" "GIVE HIM BACK!!" "GIVE US BACK OUR HERCULES!!" Jack simply gets up to bow as more rocks bombard him. I walk out towards Jack and the audience stops throwing rocks as they remember my face. "Jack... let us leave." I place a light blanket over him as I help him walk away. I pause for a moment before telling Jack to go ahead first. I walk back out to the crowd and look up to the audience. "Ahem... please do not do that again. Especially you humans. Although Jack was malicious and used cruel tactics to win, that is simply human nature. No one is pure and I'm sure you all would do the same if you were in that situation. Be grateful he even helped humanity win another round. Throwing rocks at the injured is inhumane and I will not tolerate that behaviour so please, excuse me now." I take a small bow as I walk away. "Filthy humans like that will never learn. They think they're better than him but they are not," I whisper to myself as I make my way to the infirmary. I pause for a moment as I think about what I just said. "Huh... I sounded a lot like Poseidon just now. Pft, maybe I spent too much time around him."

"Jack? I'm here now." I enter the room to see Jack sitting on the infirmary bed. "Thank you, fair maid. I heard what you said out there. There was no need for you to do that." "I was simply knocking some sense into the audience. They need to respect their saviours after all." Jack chuckles as He begins taking off his clothes. "There are a lot of cuts, this will take a while. Please bear with the pain while I patch it up," I say as I begin disinfecting the wounds. "Thank you, fair maid. No one has ever treated me like this." "No worries, it is simply my job." As I patch up Jack's final wounds, he continues to stare at me. "Is there something on my face?" I ask as I raise my eyebrow in confusion. "No... it is your colour that intrigues me. This colour is one I have never seen before. It is so... beautiful." "Thank you," I simply say as I clean up the materials used. "You must be sad that the god died. I see tints of blue in your colour." I freeze at his words as I place the items in my hand down. "I may be sad about his death, but I believe the sad you see is not that... There are other things that I am sad about for eternity." "I see," he simply says as he lies down on the bed. "Rest, I will check up on you later," I say as I exit the room. I squeeze the bottle that is resting inside my pocket as I walk back to my room.

—End of Chapter—

A/n: Sorry, I've been so busy this summer, I had no time to write the story. I am also severely lacking motivation and ideas so I might be posting much later. (I literally wrote this like... 8 minutes before posting it so it might be bad. Sorry!!)