Chapter twenty-seven

The 18th, the day before they left.

"Ah, miss Mendoza! How can I help? Is this about the tour the Kaulitz twins and mister Schäfer told me about?" The school's principal spoke down the phone.
She was a lovely woman, always available even in the holidays.

"Hey, yeah it is. I just thought I would call in just in case they hadn't for me. I need the time off after new years, and to resign from the school musical." She took out a notebook and opened it to the calendar dates.

"Oh of course! I've already booked the time out for the lot of you, and as for the school musical it's being shut down anyways." The principal had a solemn tone, laced with regret.

"Oh, really? what happened?" She spoke in a soft tone.

"Let's just say the allegations against Mr Bush were true and he's no longer working with us."

oh shit, he was a pedophile, wasn't he?

"Oh wow, okay. Thank you anyways. We'll be back in March!"

"Tell me all about it once you get back!" She hung up the phone and Dani's dial tone rang in her bedroom. Placing her phone down, she grabbed the last of the clothes she had placed out and put them in her suitcase, finally closing the main compartment of the suitcase. She proceeded to place her last items needed on her dresser, easy to put in her handbag tomorrow.

--

The whole day had gone by, Dani had emptied her white school handbag and put her personal belongings inside. She had also put in everything she would need, including lip balm, sunglasses, travel-sized toiletries for security and a small pocket-sized perfume that she had filled with her favourite Victoria's Secret spray. After a long day, she was laying on the couch watching the first season of Grey's Anatomy once again.

Beep!

She picked up her phone to see a notification from Tom.

Tommithius >:)
Just letting u know, we're picking you up tomorrow at 7:00am to get to the airport. Flight is at 11:00am.
We also have a 12-hour overnight layover in London, so make sure you're prepared. We're staying at the airport hotel.

Dani
Damn lots of travelling, sounds good though thanks for telling me.

Tommithius >:)
No problem, you're coming with us you need to know this info.

Dani
I just want to say thank you again, I'm actually so excited!

Tommithius >:)
I am too, I think you're going to love this Christmas!

Dani
I'm a little nervous to meet your family, but same!

Tommithius >:)
Don't be nervous, you'll be fine. See you tomorrow!

She walked upstairs and fell onto her bed, opening her messages once again.

Dani
Hi girliee <3

Natalie :)
Hayyy girliee, what's up?

Dani
I'm leaving a little early and I just wanted to give you my tickets to the winter lights festival. There's two, I was going to surprise Bill but obviously, we can't anymore.

Natalie :)
OMG thank you!! I know exactly who I'm going to ask!

Dani
Ooh please do tell!

Natalie :)
Don't be angry but...
I really want to take Monique out.
I'm a lesbian.

"The surprises keep on surprising" Dani muttered to herself, smiling.