Driving Home

The second day was harder than the first day, still needing to remember my locker combination and more homework. My crush talked to me during math class, which made my day one hundred times better even though I barely knew him. He asked me for a spare pencil and I gave it to him while staring at his cold eyes. It was the best moment ever.
"Mrs. Barn! Please pay attention!"
I was startled at first then I quickly sat up straight to pretend like I knew what was going on, not knowing what page we were on. Mr. Pines called me over after math class to talk to me about what happened.
"Mila. If I have to tell you to stop wandering off again, we will have to make a conference with your parents. Understand?"
"Yes sir." I added.
We had a few more minutes 'till the last bell rang for the day, and everyone was patiently waiting on their phones.
I was driving home again, and stopped at a red light when I noticed the same house I saw yesterday, and wondered. I kept staring at the broken windows and ripped curtains, until something, almost like a black cloud, had quickly brushed against the curtains. I froze. I looked closer, but nothing was there. The car behind me honked, grabbing my attention and I realized the light turned green. Maybe it was just in my head. All this stress was probably making me exhausted. As soon as I got home, I made myself dinner and fell asleep on the couch.

"The cold howling wind was brushing against the trees. Leaves tumble away into nowhere. A faint dark smokey figure appears through the fog, whispering into my ears. "Come inside... You are welcome here..." A bright golden beam of light shines through the doors as they slowly open, bringing me closer and closer... until I step inside..."