97. 73°

(A/N - to celebrate the 100th part (including bonus chapters) AND 200 followers AND the beginning of part 5, I commissioned an artwork for Rin

(A/N - to celebrate the 100th part (including bonus chapters) AND 200 followers AND the beginning of part 5, I commissioned an artwork for Rin. Hope you like it!)

-Y/N POV-
-inside Y/N's mind-

"Grant Guillotine... is your father Y/N..."

Just then, I felt an emotion that ran all the way through my body from head to toe: Disgust.

"Lin... tell me... tell me you're joking..."

"...I'm... sorry..."

"Why didn't you tell me? How do you know this?! Who are you?!"

My breathing immediately began to spin out of control, to the point where I felt myself hyperventilating.

...
Grant... my father?

Ha.

This must be some... sick joke...

Right?
...

My palms were filled with sweat, as my face began to get clammy.

"Y-Y/N... calm down-"

"NO!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. I clawed at my heart, gripping it tightly to attempt to slow my breathing.

"You said you would hear me out to the end..."

...
It could be all a lie...

Yeah, that's it...

Just some lie meant to test me or something stupid...

R-Right?!
...

"Tch..." I snapped, as I held my chest tightly. "I... I can't breathe..." I muttered, realising my lungs were quickly tightening.

"Y/N, come here..." she calmly said. I had no other option, so I swayed my way over to Lin as fast as possible. "Touch my forehead," she told me, as her hands were still bounded by steel.

With my last remaining breath, I gently touched Lin on the forehead. Instantly, I felt myself calm down and was able to gather my thoughts again.

"Y/N, please listen-"

"Lin. Tell me. Who are you...?" I interrupted her. With her E/C eyes, she just stared at me.

"..."

"Are you going to betray me too...?" I asked emotionlessly. "You say that my fath- my father... is Grant. How do I know you're not lying...?!"