Mesmerized☆

Rin and IA sat in desks next to each other once they had found their classroom, making small talk about the Summer. 

"... And ONE was pestering me all Summer about going to the beach even though I told her I have sensitive skin, she really wanted to go to the boardwalk to talk to boys," IA said, tucking her bag under her desk.

"Oh my gosh, I hear you, Len kept dragging me to this frozen yogurt place because he had a crush on the cashier. What, did he like the way she said 'Here's your reciept?'" Rin said, and the two girls laughed. 

"Alright, let's do a quick attendance," The teacher was a strict-looking lady with raven black hair tied into a tight bun and square glasses. "Aoki Lapis?" a 'here' came from the back of the class, "Gumi Megpoid? Akita Neru? IA?" IA raised her hand and said 'here', and the teacher continued to rattle off names. "Yuzuki Yukari? Kagamine Rin?" Rin raised her hand and said 'here', trying not to mess up such a simple action.

"Alright, well, that's every-"

The teacher stopped mid-sentence as a teal-haired girl with two big pigtails rushed into the classroom. She had fair, clear skin, big blue eyes with long eyelashes, and was jamming a makeup bag into her satchel as she walked.

"And who is our latecomer?" The teacher asked, raising an eyebrow at the girl.

"Hatsune Miku, ma'am, please excuse my lateness!" The girl, Miku, replied, sitting in the empty desk on Rin's right. She finally got her bag zipped up with everything inside it and kicked it underneath her seat.

"Ah, you must be Mikuo's younger sister, am I correct?" The teacher said. 

"Good to know I'm already famous," Miku said, flashing a smile. The whole class seemed to be entranced by her, having stopped all conversation to stare as she spoke with the teacher. 

"Your brother was quite the character, Hatsune," The teacher said, making a little note on her clipboard.

"I'll let him know what you think of him, I'm sure he'll be flattered," Miku said.

Rin wasn't sure what to make of this newcomer. She was beautiful and had such a confident air about her, she seemed like she was on a completely different level than the rest of the class. Even the way she sat, back up tall, throwing one ponytail carelessly over her shoulder, was full of power. She was obviously the kind of girl who could command a room.

"Alright." The teacher continued. "We're going to start with a collaberative project to kick off the first week here. I have you for an hour every morning, and I expect to see everyone working hard. You're going to be working with the person sitting next to you."

Rin, relieved to be at least working with someone she knew and liked, turned to IA, but the pink-haired girl was already speaking to a girl with grey-and-black hair.

"So, I guess we're going to be together then?" 

Rin turned to her right to see Miku smiling at her, having already pulled out a notebook and pencil case that sat on her desk. 

"Oh, um, yes," Rin said, trying not to make a complete fool of herself, although she was sure it was only a matter of time. "H-Hatsune, wasn't it?"

"Call me Miku," Miku said. "What's your name?"

"Kagamine. Uh- Rin." Rin said. "Rin is fine."

"Alright, Rin," Miku said. 

"For your first assignment everyone, you're going to be presenting something based on your goals. Dream career, University, etcetera. You may pick any form of media to show what you want to do. You have one month, and that's plenty of time so I expect everyone to finished on the due date." The teacher said before sitting back in her chair and pulling a notebook towards her. "Start brainstorming,"

"Do you have any ideas?" Miku asked Rin, flipping open her notebook and writing 'DREAMS' across the top of the page in bold letters. 

Rin shook her head. She hadn't given much thought to her career, or further education. Her current girl was to not act completely stupid in front of the super pretty girl beside her. 

"Alright," Miku said, tapping her pen against her lip. Rin's gaze shifted to the girl's mouth as well. Her lips were tinted pink and glittery. They looked soft. Rin blushed, looking away. 

"Do you have any... goals? Or dreams or something?" Rin asked, internally cringing at her choice of words. 

"Oh, sure!" Miku said, her face brightening. "I'm going to be a performer! A singer, dancer, all of that!"

Rin was a little surprised, but very happy that now they at least had a common interest to work off of. "I like performing as well!" She told Miku. "My parents are singers,"

"Oh my gosh, that's so cool!" Miku said excitedly. "So what do you like to sing?"

"Oh, uh, just whatever I'm listening to." Rin said. "How about you?"

"I write my own music!" Miku replied proudly. 

"Wait, really? That's amazing!" Rin said. She was becoming more and more mesmerized by the teal-haired girl every second. 

"Girls, quiet down!" The teacher called, glaring at them from over her notebook.

Rin hadn't realized how loud they were talking out of excitement. In a quiet voice she said, "Alright, so, singing then? Should we do that?"

Miku nodded in agreement, writing 'Singing' in loopy handwriting underneath the title on the notebook. She underlined it twice and drew a few stars around it. "Can't wait," she whispered, beaming. 

Rin willed herself not to be red as a tomato as she look back at Miku, smiling as well. 

           ‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈୨୧┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

All too soon in Rin's eyes, the bell rang. Miku got up, putting her bag over her shoulder. "See you tomorrow, Rin!" she said. Miku started towards the classroom door and was immediatly joined by another girl with a long, blonde side ponytail. The two of them walked out of the classroom together, talking cheerfully.

Smiling to herself, Rin waited as IA packed up the last of her things, and walked out of the room as well, happy that at least one thing had gone right today.