prologue

❝𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗼𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝘀, 𝗵𝘂𝗵?

amidst the chaos and the frantic scramble of the people around the city due to the recent discovery that the one agency where the gifted have helped innocent citizens throughout the years that the organization has been established, only one was oddly calm- one who wasn't even included in the main event in the first place.

contrasting the faint and haunted looks of the citizens as they watched the broadcast, she stood there, grey eyes hinting with mischievousness as her face morphed into a blithe expression. if anyone were to see her, they'd think that she was one of the detective agency's personnel.

as the newscaster warned the entire nation about the deception of the organization, the unknown woman strode away, already knowing the contents of the events that will unfold. truthfully, she doesn't have anything to do with the shocking revelation- nor does she have any responsibility to act accordingly.

however, it's not easy not to dip your finger in the alluring fountain of youth.

a familiar ringtone rang throughout the alleyway in which the woman found herself in, the sharp sounds of her heels halting as she answered her phone without looking at the contact- already knowing who it was.

with a click, the familiar sound of her colleague plagued her senses.

"vacations over."

two words.

only two words to know what it meant.

no explanations were given further, the annoying beeping of the flat line hummed throughout the dingy place as the woman sighed, grinning in satisfaction.

this was the very reason for her existence. this was why she was here in the first place.

to change the damned plot that plagued everyone.

running a hand through her long, wavy lilac locks, she couldn't contain her excitement.

"i guess it's showtime."

two years ago, port mafia headquarters, the main office

it was a normal day for the port mafia. handling dealings here and there, and the usual 'trying to obtain the weretiger' scheme, no one would've thought that in this regular, mundane, monday, the entire city of yokohama and the world in general will turn away from their axis by just a single presence of an angel- one who walked the earth and blended amongst humans. a mortal with the power of the gods.

mori ougai, the port mafia's boss, was dotting his precious elise as usual, entertaining her as the two sat on the carpeted floor of his office as they drew on paper. it was, after all, a normal day for the two of them.

"elise, can you draw me again?" the delighted middle-aged man asked, his cheerful tone echoing throughout the rather empty office as the blond child huffed with a blush tainting her pale cheeks.

"of course! but it will have to come with a price-!"

elise was cut off, the sense of weariness and confusion surging both of their beings as they couldn't help but look in the direction of the door.

there wasn't anything out of the ordinary- no one was shouting, nor can they hear the sound of anyone walking outside.

however, whatever lies outside that door- it's something sinister. the oak wood doors was radiating with a devilish aura as if satan himself was standing behind it. someone was there- and not even the guards nor the executives were able to detect it, not even mori himself who was usually perceptive.