Chapter 3

DESMOND's POV
I searched for my phone the moment I drove out from my boss's apartment. I then realised that  I placed it on the table when I sat down in the living room.I drove back to his apartment and rang the door bell to notify his wife that I was back again.
I stood there for about 5 minutes and rang again but there was no response.
I went into the apartment uninvited and quietly went to the living room to take my phone.Maybe his wife might be asleep I said to myself when I entered.
On my return,I saw blood flowing from the staircase side to the kitchen.
I went to where the blood was coming from.There she was,Mrs. Greenwood,my boss's beautiful wife lying lifeless on the floor. I quickly rushed her to the nearest hospital and called my boss to tell him everything.
"Just bring me my files and forget about her.She will be fine after sometime.I need the files now in my office" was what he said when I told him about what happened to his wife
I was really surprised because no husband will treat his wife the way my boss just did even if he doesn't love her he will surely show her some care.
I was drawn out of my thoughts by the question the doctor asked me
"Please are you her husband or a family member. We need a family member to sign on these documents before we can proceed and do the head operation"
I knew at that moment my boss wasn't coming and the life of his wife was at risked.
I took the file from the doctor and signed on them
"Yes I'm her husband,please do everything in your power to save my wife" was all I could say before I handed over the file to him.
The doctor assured me that within 5 hours they could be done with the surgery.
I thanked him and hurriedly sent the files to my boss
"What took you so long,don't you know these files are really important to be used today"my boss harshly said these words to me the moment I entered his office to give him the files.
"I'm sorry but I had to wait to ask the doctor how ma'am was doing" I responded to his question and asked permission to leave.
He nodded and I left his office
I went to my office which was opposite to my boss office. I was really restless because I wanted to be at the hospital and know what was really going on and how she was faring now.
About 2 hours in my office,I got a call from my boss to come into his office.
"Go to the hospital and check on my wife if she is fine now. Pay all the hospital bills and and get the things she needs" he said it to me when I entered
I felt pain in my heart because how could a husband treat his wife like she is just a slave to him.
"Why are you still here,get going" he brought me out of my thoughts with his words.
I left his office and quickly drove to  the hospital.
"How is she doing doctor,is she alright" I asked the doctor the moment I entered his office.
"Yes please the operation went smoothly and she is out of danger.she is resting now"he responded and gave me a reassuring smile.
"I can see you really love your wife,God bless your union" he said it and left me speechless in his office.
I went to her room and saw her sleeping peacefully.I took the moment to look at how beautiful she was. She was really beautiful,everything about her was perfectly made. Even in her sleep you could see how beautiful her face was.I didn't realise she was already awake until I heard a cough.
She asked me a question but I avoided it and told her to rest.
Through out the entire night I was with her making sure she was comfortable with everything.
I left early in the morning to my house to wash down and go to the office.
I couldn't go to the office without seeing her since I knew her husband wasn't coming to see her
"You will be late for work,you weren't supposed to come here again.I'm okay"she said it to me when I entered with a worried face.
"Your husband asked me to check up on you to see if you need anything please"I replied her with a lie and sat beside her.
I knew she was sad because her husband didn't check up on her yesterday and I wanted to brighten up her mood.she nodded with a little smile and said she was okay I could go.I told her I would be back to take her home when they discharge her so she shouldn't worry about anything and left for work.