Chapter 8

DESMOND's POV
I woke up the next day really early due to my luck of sleep I had during the night. I couldn't bring myself to stop thinking about my whole past issues and the excitement I get anytime I'm around my boss's wife.
I quickly got up to take a shower and dress up for work.
I got to work earlier than expected because I had nothing to do at home. As I was walking to my office,I spotted Vashti in her office busily going through some documents. I didn't want to disturb her so I decided to walk away. Unfortunately for me,my phone fell down which caused Vashti to look up at me.
"What are you doing here at this time....6:15...work start at 8 not 6"she said with a questionable look but before I could answer I heard her laugh out loud.
"Why am I even asking you this question,is not as if I'm at home...I'm also here working"she responded to herself
I looked at her and smile
"I just had some few paper works to do that is why I'm here early please"I said
She asked me to come inside her office. I went in and sat down opposite her.
"I will be meeting some investors today at exactly 8 o clock. I came here early to go through some documents which I will discuss with them...I'm hoping that they will find it useful and attractive to work with us"she hopefully spoke up
I asked her to hand me the papers to see if it was worth for the investors to accept our offer. She handed it over to me and to my surprise it was a perfect opportunity for any investor who would like to invest and cash out more money will ever get. I asked her if she did all that and she responded with a yes. The offer didn't only give opportunity to the investors but it also favoured us if only the investors accept to work with us.
I told her it was a perfect offer and I was sure that they will accept to work with us. She nodded in response. I left her in her office and went to mine to go through some papers about our finances.
I was busily working when I heard a knock on my office door
"Come in please" I said
The secretary entered, she greeted me and said  Vashti wanted me in the meeting room with her. She said the meeting will be starting soon so she expect me to be there before the investors arrive. I said okay and asked her to leave. I quickly arranged my things and picked up some important files which contained certain information about how we dealt with our past investors in case they asked for it.
I went straight to the meeting room. As I entered,my eyes fell on Vashti who was really restless. I went closer to her and took her hands in mine to give her assurance that everything will be be okay. She should have faith in herself and her work. She smiled at me and nodded.Not long after that, the investors came in and the meeting started.
Through out the meeting,my eyes were stuck on Vashti who was amazingly convincing the investors to work with us. I wondered why she wasn't working with her husband because she was really good with how she was handling them.After sometime,the investors seemed amazed and liked the offer so they all accepted to work with us.I presented the papers to them for them to sign on to ensure our agreement is complete.
After the meeting was over and the investors had already left,I picked up the rest of the documents and decided to leave the office. To my surprise,Vashti hugged me from my back
"Thank you for encouraging me and letting me believe in myself that I will be able to do it.....thank you very much Desmond for everything"she cried
I turned back to face her and put the files on the table. I hugged her tightly to tell her that she shouldn't worry I will always be by her side.
I went to my office to confirm if the transactions has already been made because they ensured us that the money will be transferred to our account after 5mins. I got the message from the bank that we've already received payment from the investors which made me smile.
"Do you mind if I steal you for a cup of coffee"I heard Vashti happily asking me
I turned and saw the excitement in her eyes.
"I would love to have a cup of coffee with with you, but only if you will join me for dinner tonight at my place to celebrate your achievement" I surprisedly said it out loud
I don't know why I asked her but I really wanted to hear her say yes
"Sure no problem just join me, I will come over to your house" she responded
I smiled and told her to give me some minutes to arrange my place.
We got to the coffee shop and I pulled a chair for her to sit down at a table. We ordered what we wanted and talked about random stuffs.
After about 10 minutes,our order was in. We both ate in silence until i broke it
"I think you should work with your husband in the company....you are really work with convincing people" I told her
She looked up at me and laughed
"My husband don't accept the idea of me working....he only want me to stay at home and take care of myself and our home"she replied
"But I would love to work again especially here but I'm not sure that he will understand"she said again when I said "oh I get"
We both smiled at each other and continued to talk and laugh about silly things
After the coffee, I walked her to her office and left to continue my work and patiently wait for tonight to have dinner with my boss's wife at my apartment.