Chapter 2

VASHTI's POV

I woke up the next day with a terrible headache.I didn't know if it was from the hot slap I received from my husband or the accident I had yesterday.
I got up from my bed and went to wash down and dressed up just to stay home all day as usual.
I'm not allowed to work because my husband expect me to take care of his house. He made me stop working after marriage saying he would take care of all my needs so there wasn't a reason for me to work.
I loved him so much that I accepted all his demands and requests.I went straight to the kitchen to make some breakfast.After about an hour I was done with everything in the kitchen.I took in some pills to help me reduced the pain I was feeling.
Before I could go upstairs and get some rest,I heard my phone ring so I quickly went for it.
"Vashti I've left some files on the kitchen table,I've sent one of my workers to come for it"was what my husband said when I picked up the call.
He disconnected the call after saying those words. I couldn't even get the chance to tell him about the terrible headache I was having.
Just then I heard the door bell ring so I picked up the files which was on the table and headed to the door to deliver the files to his employee.To my surprise it was the same guy I got into an accident with yesterday. He gave me a surprise look and quickly cleared his face with a smile.
"Good morning ma'am,I'm here for some files please" he said
I responded to his greetings and asked him to come inside.
"How you doing,hope you didn't get any injuries on your body.I'm really sorry about yesterday.If you need any medical attention just tell me I will take care of the payment" I said while offering him water.
He gently smiled back and told me that he was okay.
I handed him the files and asked if he needed anything else.
"No please I'm only here for the files.I will take my leave then" he said and took the files which I placed on the centre table and left.
I decided to go upstairs and rest for sometime because I was still feeling the headache and it was getting worse. As I was climbing the stairs,my sight became blurry and I lost my balance on the staircase.
I fell off and landed hard on the floor and lost consciousness.
I woke up in an hospital with my husband's employee beside me.
"How did I get here"I asked him
He looked at me and said I shouldn't worry about that but I should have some rest.
I nodded and kept wondering how I got to the hospital because he left before I fell down.
Just then the doctor entered and asked how I was feeling.
I told him I was fine but I could feel some pains in my head.
He told me I was feeling that pains because of some small blood clot I had in my head.
He said I was supposed to visit the hospital right after the accident. I looked at the man beside me because I was sure he told the doctor about the accident. I looked back at the doctor and asked if I could be okay.He responded with a smile and said I could be discharged tomorrow.
I thanked him before he left my room.
"I'm sorry ma'am but your husband said he can't come to the hospital because he is with an important client right now and he will come here when he finishes the deal with them" my husband's employee told me after the doctor left.
I said okay and thanked him
He smiled and asked me if I needed anything
I said no and asked him to give me some privacy because I wanted to rest.
I was really hurt because my husband couldn't even leave his work for me
He couldn't even reschedule his meetings to come and see me at hospital.
I cried myself to sleep because at that moment that was all I could do.
I woke up by the smell of food in my room.To my surprise it was my husband's employee sitting beside me with a tray of food on his lap.
"Please eat something ma'am,I got this food for you.Your husband came around but you were still sleeping so he asked me to look after you he will be back soon"he said those words to me when he saw me looking at him.
I nodded and took the food from his lap
"Thank you very much"I said to him
He smiled and got up to leave
"Can I know your name please"I asked him when he got to the door
"Desmond.....Desmond Hard-lock is my name please"he responded and left.
After eating,I called for the nurses to come for the tray.I didn't know whether to believe Desmond about what he said that my husband came around.I was still in shock because I knew he cared less about me. But in my heart it gave me peace because I knew my husband still had some love for me in him.