Chapter 4

DESMOND's POV
I got to work and quickly did all the paperwork I needed to do before mid day. I wanted to be there for her when they discharge her so that she will feel a bit of love from me even not from her husband.
30 minutes before 12, I decided to leave office and go check up on her. I knew my attachment to her wasn't a good thing because my boss wouldn't like it but I couldn't stop the fact that I wanted to help her.I wanted to make her feel special and smile even though it could cause problems between my boss and her.
I quickly packed my things and went to my boss's office to ask his permission to leave.I had to lie to him about me leaving work at that time. I thought he could accept my request but to my surprise he turned me down and told me that he needed me to go to the hospital and help bring his wife home.
I knew I was going there but I was surprised he personally asked me to do that.I gave him a slight nod and left his office.
On my way to the hospital,I couldn't get the thought of my boss asking me to go and help his wife out.
"Why me"I said to myself.
I got to the hospital and saw his wife already entering a cab.I guess I was late.
I rushed to the cab and asked her to join me in my car. She refusers at first but I was able to convince her that her husband sent me to come for her. She quietly followed me into my car and asked me to pay the driver off.
I knew she wasn't happy about the fact that I came to pick her not her husband.I already promised her that I would come for her when I left this morning so she might probably be thinking that I was lying about her husband sending me to her.
"Do you have family here or you just stay alone" she asked me before I could even get a way to indulge her in a conversation.
"No please,I'm not a married man.....both my parents are dead and I have no siblings living here with me ....so I'm alone" I replied her and she gave a small smile.After our little chat the drive became silent again before she asked me to stop the car in front of a supermarket.
"I need to get few things before I get home .....hope it won't bother you that much"she said
I told her I was okay with everything. We both got out of the car and went to the supermarket to get the things she needed.
About 5 minutes we were done with our shopping. We got back into the car and I drove off to her house.
"Let me help you get your things inside" I told her when we got to her house. She wanted to take her things by herself to her room so I stopped her. I asked her to go inside and get some rest and that I could take care of her things.
I took all her things inside and prepared some soup for her.After I was done with everything,I went to her room with a bowl of soup but I realised she was already asleep. I left the food on her table and quietly left the room.
"Desmond .......you are still here,I thought you left already"she said it the moment she saw me on her couch.
"Yes ma'am.....I wanted to know if you needed anything after waking up so I stayed"I replied
She looked at me and smiled
"Are you serious.....is already past 7 and you are waiting for me to wake up" she said and laughed at me.
I knew it was crazy but I wanted to be there for her.she looked at me and said I could go since her husband will be in soon. I picked up my bag and headed to the door when she spoke again
"Thank you for the soup.....it was delicious" she said
"Don't worry....get well soon ma'am"
I replied her and left.
I got to my house already stressed out and quickly washed down. I prepared something to eat and went straight to bed after that.
I knew I needed rest but I couldn't get my boss's wife out of my head.
I lay there thinking about how beautiful and sweet she was.
I knew it was wrong for me to do that but I couldn't stop my mind from thinking about her.