Tangled Feelings Chapter 13

Amara:

After dinner, my mother began giving everyone a tour of our house. I discreetly reminded her not to take anyone to my room, not wanting to reveal the amount of mess I had made to put up this elegance. My mother glared at me and asked why my room wasn't clean and I just kissed her cheek as a response. I couldn't forget Leo's commanding request to meet in the backyard, so as soon as I could, I slipped out to the peaceful and cool night, waiting for him to appear.

The grass was wet and the night was chilly, it had been raining for a couple of days. It was August so rain was likely to happen. I don't want to marry him, but I know I have to. Kiara's memories are fading away. She didn't deserve to die at the age of fifteen. She didn't. She had her entire life ahead of her. She wanted to be a dancer. I wanted to be a dancer but now I can't even think about dancing without her. I still remember that day so well, Friday. It all happened on a Friday afternoon. We both had dance classes. I had sprained my ankle that day as I was rushing down the stairs to go to the class but unfortunately, I fell causing my ankle to twist. Kiara wanted to go to class even though my mother told her it was fine if she didn't go as I wasn't going to class with my twisted ankle but Kiara wanted to go and so left. I had no idea that was the last I would ever see her, her smiling face as she hurried out, her laugh as she saw me tumbling down, her concern when she saw me wince due to the pain. I had no idea it would be the last. That evening she didn't come back from class. It was a three-hour long class but it had been almost seven hours since she left and everyone was worried about her. When we called the academy they told us Kiara never showed up-

My train of thought was broken when Leo stood next to me. I put on my mask. I can't think about Kiara right now. Not in front of him even if all he does is remind me about her I can't let my emotions take control over me. He stood beside me, seemingly taking in the surroundings.

"Why did you call me out?" I asked, making sure to make myself sound as calm as possible. He didn't immediately respond, continuing to gaze around. I repeated my question, and this time, he looked deep into my eyes, causing me to break eye contact. His eyes were like whisky. Amber. Fire. They were dark, they carried a very dark aura, which sent shivers down my spine.

Leo's hand gently found my chin and I shuddered under his touch. His palms were so warm but so rough, he made me face him as he whispered, "Look at me." my heart quickened, Leo released my chin, and we stood there, locking eyes. I couldn't dare to look away now even if I wanted to, even if that was the only thing I wanted to do but I knew if I looked away he would make me look at him and I don't think I can take it if he touched me once again, I would literally cut his finger with my knife- my knife? He has it. He must have taken it from me.

He pulled out a cigarette and lit it, blowing the smoke towards me, which made me close my eyes briefly. Leo smirked and asked a question, "Why do you want to marry me?"
I replied simply, "Because I want to."

His smirk widened, and he took a few steps towards me as he towered over me, I made sure to look deep in his eyes to show him that I wasn't intimidated by him.

"Don't fall in love with me, Mi Amor." He whispered I felt an odd sensation when he called me "my love" in Spanish. I tried to brush it off, I stood my ground still looking into his eyes, and said
"It's Spanish," Leo confirmed my assumption with a mischievous look in his eyes.

Feeling a mix of annoyance and curiosity, I snatched the cigarette from his hand and took a bold puff, blowing the smoke in his face. Leo briefly shut his eyes in response to the smoke, but as he opened them, he smiled at me. My heart fluttered, and I didn't like the effect he had on me.

"It's not for kids, Mi Amor." He remarked, his eyes filled with amusement.

Mocking him, I commented, "Not for kids, huh?" before crushing the cigarette under my heel. I walked away from Leo, feeling his gaze follow me, without turning around I said, "It's me who should be warning you, Leo Moretti. Don't fall in love with me." I heard him laugh as a smirk formed on my lips. That was my plan. To make him fall in love with me and then snatch it all away. Kill him as he stays there thinking whether to love me or hate me.

I re-entered the house. Inside, I found everyone in the living room, enjoying the ice cream I had planned to savour. , My mother glared at me, which was very much the "You should've cleaned your room, look" but I put on an awkward smile and joined the gathering, grabbing a bowl of ice cream for myself.

As I sat down, my mind was filled with conflicting emotions. I knew I had a dangerous plan to execute. The night had been eventful, and the consequences of my actions were becoming more apparent with each passing moment. I had to be cautious, as my path was leading me into a web of tangled feelings and dangerous secrets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~