Moons Chapter 25

Leo:

"Sure I don't have an issue but what does Amara have to say about it?" Daniel's voice was a mixture of hope and annoyance. 

Amara's unreadable expression was like a puzzle, one I was desperately trying to solve. Daniel, her best friend, seemed to be scrutinizing her for her response.

Daniel leaned back on the floor, his blue hair cascading behind him. He calmly sipped his coffee and began rearranging the chess pieces, in an attempt to shift the focus from the uncomfortable atmosphere in the room. His nonchalant reaction only intensified the gravity of the situation.

"Fine, I'll come." Her hair was in a bun a few strands framing her face and she was wearing a white sweater and a tight black skirt under it. She removed the blanket from her lap and rose from the floor. She dropped the blanket back on the floor and adjusted her skirt. I looked over at Daniel to look at his expression but instead, he was looking at Amara.

My attention darted back to Amara, who, this time, was locked in a silent exchange with Daniel. The tension was palpable, and I couldn't help but notice the slight embarrassment in Daniel's expression, a reaction to Amara's statement.

As Amara abruptly turned away and headed for the door, leaving it ajar, it was clear that she was ready to engage in the conversation she knew was inevitable. 

"Just because she said yes to the marriage doesn't mean she actually wants to marry you." Daniel sounded bold like he was sure she wasn't marrying me because she wanted to but because she had to. I put my hands in my pocket just slightly smiled at him and walked away. I closed the door behind me, leaving Daniel alone in the room, and then faced Amara in the hallway.

Amara leaned against the railing, and I, in turn, rested against the wall, maintaining a slight distance. Silence hung between us, heavy with unspoken words and emotions.

"What do you have to say, Leo?" Amara's voice was soft, but it carried the weight of curiosity and a hint of something more.

"So, you just say thanks and leave the car, ignore my messages and avoid me when the Moretti's come over to discuss the wedding?  Wasn't expecting that, Mi Amor. I thought you were bold enough to face your problems or worries." I shook my head and stared at her brown chocolate-like eyes and in return, all I got was a smile. She just smiled at me. Dimples. 
She has dimples. Her eyes smile when her lips curl. 

"We kissed? Yes. Are we getting married? Also yes. Did we both regret it?" She let me answer that question. 
Did I regret it? 

"Mi, Amor..." I took a few steps towards her leaving only some distance between us and I put my hand back in my pocket because I was sure if my hands were out then I would kiss her. "Do we regret it?" I repeated her question.

Her eyes were fixed on mine and she put her hands on my chest right above my heart. 

"It's racing." She said and looked back at me. Her smirk was visible and this time all I wanted to do was remove her hand from my chest cage her here and kiss every inch of her. 

"It sure is," I said, and leaned my head lower and my eyes shifted to her lips and back to her eyes. She was hesitant. She hesitated but soon she leaned in and her lips hovered right above mine. If I moved my head just an inch more I would be tasting her.

"Maybe or maybe not." She shoved me back and smiled at me innocently. 

"Am I interrupting something?" A female voice made me turn my attention from Amara's to her. It was Zoya Romano. Amara's aunt. A woman you can never trust. She is a lady who will manipulate everyone to get her work done. Only a few people can trust her and I know that Amara is one of them. Her blond hair was straightened and she looked like she was going for a party or something because she was wearing a tight black dress and her makeup was something you wear when you go to a club.

"Of course not," Amara spoke and walked towards her aunt. She looked young for her age. Zoya's gaze was on me for a few seconds before she averted her eyes to Amara's.  "Where are you headed to?" Amara asked,

"The nightclub." Elijah Romano, Luca Romano's younger brother walked into the scene and wrapped his hands around Zoya's waist. She smiled at him and he smiled back. Amara nodded her head.

"Isn't it a bit early to go to the club? It's just 9:30," Amara said, Zoya opened her purse in search of something.

"Yeah, we decided to meet a few friends and then go to the club," Elijah answered Zoya handed a bracelet to Amara and nodded her head at Amara. Amara's expression changed from poker face to sadness and then just as I blinked she replaced it with the same poker face. 

"Have fun," Amara said, she hugged her aunt and her uncle and they both went down the stairs. I watched them go down and soon they left.

Amara wore the bracelet. It was a silver bracelet with a moon in the middle. 
Moon necklace. Moon bracelet.

"Is that all?" Amara asked, that was not all. I had less to say but more to do. 

"That's all." I walked towards her ran my thumb over her cheeks smiled at her once again and turned around and walked down the stairs.

"I don't." I heard Amara say when I was about to open the front door. I turned around to look at her and she put both her hands on the railing. "I don't regret it." She smiled at me. Her dimples are visible, she leaned back and went inside her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~