chapter eight

"Wooyoung, we must be at the year-end party hosted by Alpha Phi XII." Seungcheol exclaimed, surprising Wooyoung as the other just barged into his dorm.

"First of all, no. Second, hell no." Seungcheol's best friend replied, still lying on his bed and continuing to scroll through his phone.

"C'mon man, can you imagine the hot chicks there. And anyway, we always planned on replacing their leader's shampoo with shaving cream. Bro, imagine how that will go? Epic!" Seungcheol excitedly explained, taking Wooyoung's phone from his hand.

"I have been sober for three months now, all thanks to you. And that party is full of drugs, and you know it." His best friend replied.

"My therapist advised me to avoid people or environments that will trigger my addiction." He said with finality.

"I won't let that happen to you, I swear. Besides, we will be there together; I'll keep an eye on you. We will have fun there for old times' sake, less your drug use, OF COURSE." Seungcheol said convincingly.

"C'mon man, let's go; we won't even be there for too long. I'll even introduce you to some chicks I met, and let me tell you. They're very hot." Seungcheol is already imagining the girls he's gonna see.

"Bro, shut the fuck up. Not like I couldn't get girls myself. I bet I could get more chicks than you at the party." His best friend uttered boastfully.

"Oh, we'll see, pretty boy. We'll test that theory at the party, but don't cry when you lose." Seungcheol laughed. "Let's meet outside the dorm at 9pm." He added, walking out of his best friend's room.

Both of them met up outside their dorms around 9pm. They headed to the party, four blocks away from the university. Once they reached the frat house, the music blared outside, and the place was jam-packed with people. They looked at each other and laughed.

"Holy shit, this is gonna be wild," Seungcheol told Wooyoung. Entering the house, we were greeted by loud music and cheering on the left side, where people played beer pong.

"I'll just get us both drinks." Seungcheol voiced out to the other. "Stay here or find someplace to chill." He added.

When Seungcheol got the drinks, he went to go back to his best friend but was challenged to join the beer pong that was already starting.

"Yo Wooyoung, mind if I play right here? You can watch me beat these losers." He said across the room where his best friend was standing.

Wooyoung approached the other. "Nah, I'm all good here; I'm not a kid who needs a babysitter." he quickly retorted, smiling, which the other returned.

"Alright, losers, get ready to lose." Wooyoung heard his best friend say while he was walking away to get a drink.

"Hey Woo, long time no see. I never see you around anymore. Wanna do a line with me?" The black-shirt guy muttered.

"Hey Minho, long time, but I don't do that anymore." Wooyoung replied, feeling proud.

"C'mon man, don't you miss the high for old times' sake. You never hang out with us anymore after you met that popular jock you always follow." Minho snarkily muttered.

"It's not that strong, I swear. It feels like smoking weed only, not the strong ones." Minho added. The other was having an internal battle.

"Only a line, and I'm done," Wooyoung whispered.

"My man, cmon, let's go upstairs." Minho dragged the other, followed by Minho's friends listening in on the conversation. 

Seungcheol was winning. He was in his last cup to win. Before throwing it, there was a loud scream near the house entrance. The music stopped, and everyone was panicking. Seungcheol went to where everyone was, trying to see what happened and saw Wooyoung high and having difficulty breathing.

"Fuck! Wooyung, are you okay? Can someone call 911!" His best friend screamed frantically, making him lean on the wall, trying to wake up Wooyoung

"Bro, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." Wooyoung whispered apologetically to his best friend.

"Fuck, I can't wait for the ambulance. I'm bringing you to the hospital." Seungcheol became more frantic, and someone passed him a car key to borrow. He carried Wooyoung towards the car and drove to the nearest hospital. When they reached the emergency room, He was quickly assisted by the nurse and called a doctor.
"Fuck! I'm so sorry, Wooyoung, I shouldn't have brought you to the party. It's all my fault," Seungcheol muttered, holding his head with two hands, clearly disoriented and guilty about what happened.

"Bro, it's never your fault, okay? I made the decision, not you. Don't ever blame yourself. You hear me?" Wooyoung replied weakly, too drugged up but still responded to his best friend.

"I'm not feeling too good, bro." Wooyound added slowly, closing his eyes.

"Don't fucking close your eyes, man. Don't sleep, please! The doctors will be here soon, okay?" Seungcheol said, lightly tapping his cheeks to wake him up.

"Bro, it's not your fault, okay, Don't put this on yourself." Wooyoung said on his last breath, passing out.

"FUCKKK! Doctor!  Someone, please help my friend!" Seuncgcheol is screaming, not even caring anymore that he's screaming.

The doctors rushed, quickly placed him in a hospital bed and injected naloxone. They closed the curtains and asked Seungcheol to stay outside.

A couple minutes passed, and the doctor approached me.

"I'm so sorry, sir, he passed away. We tried to save him." The doctor told me, but his voice faded when Seungcheol heard the first part.

"No, no, NO. He was just talking to me 15 minutes ago. Fuck, There must be a way, doc." Seungcheol pleaded.

"I'm really sorry, sir, we tried our best." The doctor replied.

I told myself I needed to stay farthest away from Jeonghan, but my body moved out of its free will. God, I can't keep doing this. I hated how hurt he looked when he walked away. It pierced my heart. The urge to comfort him and to relieve the pain I saw in his eyes was palpable. But I can't do it. I shouldn't add oil to the fire anymore, fuse to the flame. I need to find a way to control this, for myself. For Wooyoung.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback chapter for Seungcheol!! We're starting to unveil the plot.  I Hope you enjoy this double update:))

Love you guys!! Stay safe❤️