What is love ?

"I really like you, Y/N, no cut that I love you. Will you be my girlfriend?" 

I stared at the guy in front who was nervously looking at me. Will you believe me if I say he is the same guy who used to bully me since high school and now, he is proposing me in my first month of university. 

unbelievable indeed

I look around and saw a quiet bunch of people has their eyes on us and I really don't want to get their attention more on me.

"Can you tell me why you like me?" my voice was low as I didn't want the question to be heard actually by him but still, he heard. 

My question isn't invalid, I guess?

"Are you kidding me?" He chuckled at his own statement, A little more confident than before. "Who wouldn't like you, like just look at you?" 

Yes, I do that everyday

"You have a sexy body, defined curves and beautiful curve." His eyes roamed all over my body, the gesture made him lick his lips. "Who wouldn't like a girl like you?" 

I blinked, once and then twice. The words left his mouth were as much as disgusting and satisfying at the same time. The same guy who used to say only a fool would date me.

"You remember me, we were from the same school." I said and saw his face paled.

"I am sorry, I can't accept you. I already have a boyfriend." The frown on his face was evident about how bitter he was from the rejection.

"And yes, I am the same Y/N to who a fool like you would want to date." were the last words I said before running towards my boyfriend.   

When I reached the gate of the rooftop, I calmed my breath due to running too much before opening the door to see him.

Taehyung was sitting on the only bench on rooftop, bathing in the sunlight, eyes closed enjoying the warm air. It was our lunch time which we spent over the rooftop cause having different majors doesn't lead us to have a meet time at all.

When I closed the door, the sound made him look at me. He smiled and the gesture made me grin at him.

"You are late." I can feel the pout on his lips as I set the food over the bench between us.

"Got stuck up with something." I looked at him and I can see the concern in them.

"Did anyone bully you on the way?" Again, those eyes scanned me and this time It didn't felt disgusting, rather it just melted my body. 

"You won't believe it when I will tell you what happened?" I handed him the chopsticks telling his to eat to know the further. It's necessary to make sure this guy eats because other than that he is very much good at skipping meals. The pout was back as he took the spoon to stuff his mouth from rice.

God, can this man get any cuter??? 

"Tell me something," I asked getting hum from th other to continue.

"What will you reply to a girl whom you like or love when she asks, 'why do you like me'? " And this I really wished to not to ask the question when I saw his eyes sparkle.

"It's the dumbest question someone has asked me but since you are my best friend, I will answer you." Taehyung continued having my whole attention on him. "First of all, liking someone and loving them are to different things. But yeah, liking can lead to loving someone," our eyes met, and he again looked forward, but my eyes stayed on him. "When you like someone you are not liking the person, you are liking their qualities and traits. Those things make you like them, but when they are gone, or you can't find it anymore in them your liking towards them changes or maybe gone too. But God when you love someone " Those eyes closed, and I saw the most beautiful smile on the person I love. " I don't know why I love her; I don't know why I want her to smile every damn time and make her happy and want to be the reason behind it. I love her Y/N." I smiled despite the moisture increasing in my eyes I smiled, and I know the girl would be the luckiest on earth who would be loved by him. "I don't know how and when it happened, but I fall, and I don't think I would be able to stand anymore." 

"I am so happy for you, Tae." It's not bad to wish for yourself to be loved by a guy like him, I think it's not, but I guess I was only supposed to have my share in best friend only. " Who is she?" and despite my heart crushing I asked. 

"Would you make me the luckiest?" my hands were in his and I held back my sob. He knelt in front of me, eyes on me. "I fell for you; I don't know when and why But I just know I did." and I let it out. "I don't have answer for you that why I love you, but I just do." I don't know why I am hitting him, still crying but it all calmed down when he held me in his arms. 

"You, I was so scared. I thought my first love will fail." I sobbed only to hear him chuckle in response. "How can I not love the person who taught me 'What is love?'"

And that's how I knew what love is. 

____________________

Thank you for reading, 

Do share your response.