testing the portal

{ takes place in his real world)

after many days of running tests and make sure its good, we start our mission to find out what dimension he landed in.

(masons dad pov)
ok lets start it up and start typing in numbers. celeste looks at me and says "all we have is one number we cant go off that"

i look at her and say " we have no choice his mother will be wanting her kid back soon so we have to just jump around and find the one that matches we will use the machine i made that will detect if he was there or not, no harm will come i will go in see if there any signs he landed there if no i come back and we close the portal and try again".  celeste looks at me worried "i dont like this time hopping idea but lets get started"

i type in the first numbers 3487 the portal opens and i say " are we stable?" she looks at the computer and says " yes we are but im not sure for how long" i step into the portal and end up in a empty office building  in the distance i hear computers humming and working i pull out the scanner and start scanning the area and the says " no traces found" i step back through the portal nothing there but good news , she looks at me as to say what, " the portal works! i visited a dimension that was not ours and made it back in one piece"  with a huge smile on her face she says " we did it! but theres still alot of work to be  done and questions to be answered" i nod and we continue trying numbers and scanning. 

i type in 199999 and it opens up and i walk in and notice its a lab and in the distance i hear a man say " open up a new file index it as mark II" and than a computer voice says " working on a secret project are we sir"  i scan the area and the says " traces of palladium, and a unidentified metal found but no traces of the boy" and i step back though the portal " no signs of him but write that number down the machine picked up traces of metals and even of one we dont know about yet.

we type in another number and the portal opens and its dark i see the sky is a dark red color and i scan and there no sign

we do this a few more times and i come back and says this is hopeless theres to many worlds and so far none of them have any traces of him, is there any way to find clues to narrow it down?  the girl says "im not sure but i will look into it" after a few more hours she says "all i can get was  two numbers 1 and a 4 but i dont know in what spots they are in and what the other numbers are" i write on the board 1 and 4 and circle them  saying "this is what we know" how we just try ones with these numbers in diffrent spots.  

they try one and he steps out into a park that looks like it could be like their own world and scans for traces and it says traces detected, he steps back through the portal to their own world and says it found traces try and keep the portal open as long as you can. he steps back through the portal and puts on a pair of sunglasses that show reading like the machine does, after walking around the park he sees a kid that looks like him he radios i found him he goes up to the kid and grabs him and runs to a spot no one can see or hear them  he says jules its me i found you finally we can go back home now. the kid looked at me weridly and i ask him stuff and show him a picture of his mom and he says whos that, and thats when it clicked its not him! i think " OH NO" i say into the ear peice "we got a red alert" she says what did you do?, i said " i um might have taken the wrong kid" i hear " OMG thats bad! in your back theres a metal container take it out and put on your glove and rub some of it on the kids forhead wait a min and than let him go, dont let him see you after the min has passed" i do just that and after a min the kid looks around the park and crying a bit looking for their parent and i run back to the portal and back in as she closes it , we need to be 90% sure its him before we interact with someone that looks like him again. i sit on the ground nodding agreed and i cross of that number and write code red on it.

after 5 more tries still noting i start to get discurged and say idk if we be able to find him.

she looks at me and says we wont give up till we do we can do this, now lets take a break and we continue