Chapter 7: School Sucks

Tw:
School
Fighting
Suicidal thoughts
Hallucinations
————————————————————
Tommy POV:

How is this even here?

I watched him destroy it. I watched him throw it into fire. It is not possible that this is actually here!

The more I looked at it though, the more I felt how solid it was, and felt the engraved words on the back, the more I was convinced that it was real, not a hallucination. It even still had the same old rusting chain on it. I decided to follow it. Tubbo obviously wasn't here but it would at least be something to make sure that I was going in the same direction and not making random turns that would get me even more lost.

The forest around me was... unsettling to say the least. The trees created a sort of barrier above me, which blocked out most of the light. What little light there was seemed to be whispering, beckoning, calling, but I didn't listen to any of it. I was most likely just hallucinating again, nothing to take notice of. I didn't want to be here anymore, even if I was just hallucinating. I squeezed my eyes shut and started sprinting blindly through the woods, going in the direction of the compass.

I only stopped when I felt my shoes were waterlogged. I opened my eyes and had to blink a few times to adjust to the brightness of midday from the darkness of the forest. I realized that I was on the same exact beach I had washed up on 4 months ago. And my shoes were in the water. Great.

I sighed and stepped back onto dry land. The compass was still pointing out across the sea.
I wondered what Tubbo was doing now. Probably hanging out with Ranboo or something. He's most likely forgotten about me by now. It's fine.

I looked around at the beach. I was able to remember the path that would take me back to the Bakugou house so that I could find my way to the edge of the forest and finally go to my base.

I stuffed the compass into my shirt and walked until I had reached the house and then walked some more until I reached the the edge of the forest.

This time I was able to make it to my base, no trouble at all. Odd. I opened up the trapdoor and climbed down the ladder. Turning around, I saw the damage from the explosion. Surprisingly, it wasn't as bad as I had expected it to be. Yes, there were charred areas and the place was a mess but there weren't any broken blocks. Not even any of the wooden signs that were closest to the explosion had retained too much damage. I had expected it to look more like a creeper explosion and to have to replace chests and repair the entire floor.

I started cleaning up everything, fixing the stuff that had been knocked down by the explosion, and just throwing the random stuff that was in my inventory into the chests. I was surprised by how little time it took and was glad that there hadn't been too much to do. I decided to go mining to get my mind off of everything.

Turns out mining takes awhile. Yeah, who knew that hitting rocks with stronger rocks until they break takes time. Apparently I sure don't because by the time I went back up to the surface, according to the clock I had made, it was 9 PM. I had just 1 hour to spare before the Bakugous came back. I put away the blocks I had mined and proudly took a look at how well I had repaired the base. Other than a few charred spots here and there you would never be able to tell that there was an explosion. That reminded me of one more thing I had to do. It could wait a few more days though because I still needed to get new colored contacts but it was very important.

I walked back to the Bakugous house. I didn't have to hurry this time. I could just breathe in the crisp forest air and walk along a stream. I obviously couldn't really relax just in case... but this was the calmest I had felt in so so long. I couldn't even remember the last time I wasn't planning for war, bandaging my injuries, or running from Dream. It was... nice. Until it wasn't. I heard a twig snap.