Chapter 9: 'Prodigy'

Tw: Suicidal thoughts
Hallucinations
Self deprecating thoughts.
—————————————————————
Narrator:

Tommy startled awake, his nightmare still vivid in his mind.

Dream stood above him, axe in hand. Cuts and slashes littered Tommy's body. Dream raised his axe again and Tommy scrambled back, wincing at the pain and the sight of the blade. He felt his back hit the wall and he started to panic. Tears streamed down his face. He knew that Dream hated when he cried and he would get punished for it. That fact just made him sob harder. Dream glared at the sight and slowly walked over, his steps deliberate and calm. He knew that Tommy couldn't get away so he was just taking his time. Relishing in Tommy's agony. Dream knelt beside him and whispered in his ear.

"You can't hide anymore. I will always find you."

Tommy blinked back to reality. He was still breathing heavily and still half expected to see himself covered in his own blood. But no. It was all just a terrifying dream.

It was just a dream.

Just a Dream.

Just Dream.

Oh shit, he had to get ready for school. He really didn't want to but he had to. Should he eat breakfast? Nah. Mitsuki told him not to eat dinner yesterday so she probably didn't want him to eat today either. Even if that wasn't the case, it was always better to be safe than sorry. He had learned that lesson with both Dream and Wilbur. Listen. Follow directions. Don't be a burden. Even still, he failed time and time again. It was fine. He learned. He has another chance now.

Tommy walked to school and sat down at his desk, attempting to portray an air of confidence and intimidation. He was still a bit shaken up from his dream and didn't even notice when the teacher walked in and class had started until the teacher asked a question.

"Katsuki Bakugou. Are you too busy staring at the ceiling or are you competent enough to answer the question on the board?" The teacher asked, writing down an equation on the board. For some reason he was looking directly at Tommy.

'Pshh whoever that extra is better answer already. They're just holding up the class.' Tommy thought to himself.

"Katsuki Bakugou." The Teacher repeated, still staring at Tommy.

Maybe the extra was behind him? He glanced around but he didn't know which one of the people that surrounded was Katsuki Bakugou. He suddenly jolted up in his seat, coming to a horrifying realization.

'Holy shit! I'm Katsuki Bakugou!' He quickly glanced at the problem on the board, instantly remembering it as one of the exact problems he had studied during the summer. It was one of the ones that they still had to learn this year but Tommy had wanted to be prepared. He didn't want to risk the chance of getting in trouble for not knowing the answer.

"A obviously equals 73." He answered calmly in a monotone voice. He wanted to do good but it wasn't like he was going to become the class nerd.

"That is... correct?" The teacher sounded slightly confused. There were murmurs at the back of the classroom and Tommy had to fight the urge to shrink down in his seat. "I haven't taught this yet and I'm pretty sure that you didn't learn this last year..."

"He wasn't even here last year." The devil wing kid spoke up.

"Pfft. I'm just that good. This is exactly why I'm going to UA and all you extras aren't!" Tommy laughed. Wait no. That was mean. Why did he say that?

'Ha! Who the hell cares?! It shut those stupid extras up anyways!' Shouted a voice in the back of his mind.

Yeah. Yeah. It- It was fine. Perfectly fine. He wasn't like Wilbur or Dream or any of the other assholes who manipulated him. He wasn't like them.