Chapter 10: Spooky Sludge Guy

Narrator:

Tommy knew that this was just going to be another long, boring, stressful day. He was just going to show off, be reminded of how fucking awesome he is (even if he doesn't believe it), bully Deku a bit(the voice in his mind kept telling him that he was doing the right thing but... he knew it wasn't right at all.), and last but not least, get yelled at by his mother figure for whatever had her pissed off at the moment.

Just a normal day.

Oh how wrong he was for thinking that.
———————————————————————

Tommy had just arrived at school. The sun was shining. The other kids were loud as fuck. There was chewed up gum stuck underneath every single chair and desk. He felt like absolute shit. It was one of his bad days. One of the days where the only reason he even got out of bed was to prevent himself from getting behind. He already wanted to murder everyone and then himself and it wasn't even 9 o' clock yet.

Everyone was too loud, the lights were too bright, the walls were closing in on him and he could barely breathe. He closed his eyes and counted of his breathing in his head. He couldn't afford to have a panic attack right now. Not now. Not in front of everyone.

Idiot 1 and Idiot 2 went over to him. They were just jabbering away about some shitty drama about how so and so cheated on so and so, that sorta thing. It was stressing him out but he was able to keep up his apathetic/angry look. Until of course Deku came in. Tommy's face looked just slightly sad. Regretful even. Not enough to where people would realize but it was still there. The bullying had escalated from just rude talk and the occasional shove around. Now, Deku had scars. Burn scars. Because of him. The teachers of course didn't bat an eye. The principal had cared about the quirk usage at first. To be clear, the principal's worries were not about the quirkless kid who was getting hurt but about the damage to the school. Now though, he didn't even care. 

Tommy thanked Prime that before the two assholes had walked over to Deku, the teacher stated that he had a very important announcement. Everyone sat down quickly, whispering to each other quietly about what it could be.

"So... As third year students it's time to start thinking seriously about your futures and what you want to do with your lives," The teacher grumbled. "I could pass out some career aptitude tests but why bother?" He snatched some papers off of his desk and threw them up in the air.

'Well that's going to be a hell of a mess to clean up.' Was all Tommy could think as he watched the papers fall to the ground.

"I know you all want to go to the hero track!" The teacher shouted. The class cheered, showing off their quirks and shouting about being heroes.

'What? These lil' shits bully Deku every day but they still think that they could be heroes?' Tommy surveyed the class, they were all using their quirks and just being rambunctious and loud. He had to force himself not to flinch at the noise.

'Eh, not like I'm much better.' It seemed like only him and Deku had stayed seated, him because it was just a goal for him. A goal that would hopefully keep him from being caught. He guessed that Deku was still seated because either he was too caught up in mumbling and writing in his notebook or because he didn't have a power to show off. Probably both.

"No power usage allowed in school." The teacher scolded half-heartedly, mostly because he would get fired if his class tore down the school under his watch.

You're the best
You're the best
You're the best
You're better than all of them so why should you have to be grouped up with them?
Tommy thought over and over again. Just to convince himself of it.