Chapter 11: Falling

꧁꧂

Narrator:

"Tommy, I want you to be my right hand man." Wilbur said, putting his hand on Tommy's shoulder, looking over the destruction Dream had caused.  Tommy's house had been partially blown up. Tubbo had been killed, the potions he prepared for D̶o̶o̶m̶s̶d̶a̶y̶ the war had been destroyed.

T̶h̶e̶ s̶l̶u̶d̶g̶e w̶a̶s̶ a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ h̶i̶s̶ n̶e̶c̶k̶.̶ I̶t̶ w̶a̶s̶ c̶h̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ h̶i̶m̶,̶ h̶e̶ c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ b̶r̶e̶a̶t̶h̶e̶.̶

The next day Tommy gathered the army together, preparing as the they waited for Wilbur to arrive.  Dream and his friends started shooting at them. For hours, it seemed like it was just raining flaming arrows. They cut into Tommy's flesh, searing his skin.

H̶e̶ c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ b̶r̶e̶a̶t̶h̶e̶.̶ H̶i̶s̶ e̶x̶p̶l̶o̶s̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ w̶e̶r̶e̶ b̶u̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ h̶i̶s̶ o̶w̶n̶ h̶a̶n̶d̶s̶.̶

They huddled in the camaravan as arrows rained down outside. Wilbur went out to speak to them.

"Gentlemen. Name a place and we will meet you there. We will fight for our freedom. For our L'manburg." Wilbur stood in front of the van and stated the terms.

"Yeah!" Tommy yelled, trying to back him up but was quickly silenced.

"Tommy. Shut up. You're just making everything worse." Eret scolded him, pulling him back into the safety of the van.

"Yeah. They'll definitely kill us all if you're there." Fundy agreed, watching his father through the window. The little fox was childish and clumsy but even he was fighting for L'manburg. For the place he had been born. Yet even he thought that Tommy, Big Man Tommyinnit, Fundy thought of him as an idiot. He thought of Tommy as a child when it was Fundy himself who was actually the child.

H̶e̶ c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ h̶e̶l̶p̶ h̶i̶m̶s̶e̶l̶f̶.̶  d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ k̶n̶o̶w̶ h̶o̶w̶ t̶o̶ s̶a̶v̶e̶ h̶i̶m̶s̶e̶l̶f̶.̶ T̶o̶m̶m̶y̶ w̶a̶s̶ w̶e̶a̶k̶.̶ H̶e̶ w̶a̶s̶ w̶e̶a̶k̶ l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶.̶

A place was settled. They gathered their army and walked towards Tommy's embassy. They tried to talk but they got ambushed and attacked by Dream's team. The army took cover in the dirt house while they were shot at. Tommy had the only bow so the group gave him all the arrows while the 9 year old boy fought for his life.

H̶e̶ w̶a̶s̶ w̶e̶a̶k̶.̶  a̶s̶ w̶e̶a̶k̶ a̶n̶d̶ h̶e̶ w̶a̶ f̶i̶g̶h̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ m̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶ h̶a̶d̶ h̶i̶m̶ i̶n̶ i̶t̶s̶ g̶r̶a̶s̶p̶.̶

Finally the other side "fled". Tommy and the rest of the army regrouped and healed. They foolishly followed Eret though a narrow path.

"This is the final control room." Eret said, showing them around. There was a button on the floor. Tommy pressed it. How could he not? It was right there!