Can you stay..? Pt.5

Okay sorry should I change the name now that we are going to the activation/mission part? Idk what to do. Also this has only been published for 3 days and I've already got 69 reads😏Tysm!

Also y'all go follow Thatonekid78  there pretty awesome man.

Erica POV-

When the principal announced we were going to Hawaii I was hella excited! I mean this could be fun, but also I don't do fun, so I really don't know.

Ben looked to me with excitement, but with a hint of confusion in his eyes. "Reason towards this activation?" I asked, raising my hand.

"Ahh yes Hale, still full of questions, I thought you were the smart one!" The principal replied. I shot him multiple glares.

"She's 1 million times smarter than you'll ever be!" Ben confronted. I looked at him and shook my head, reminding him that it's okay. He backed down but was still very tense.

"The reason of activation is we have caught some conversation on a upcoming plan. We don't know what it is; but they have it ready. We traced a converse of Murray Hill that lead to a underground base in Hawaii."

"But wait, I thought SPYDER was dead?" Ben asked worried.

"Welp not anymore I guess! You, Ben, Alexander, Catherine, and 4 others of your choice can come." The principal informed, and pointed to the 'door' signaling to get out. I shot him a glare and walked out. Ben and mom followed, Alexander staying to talk to the principal about his behavior towards his family.

"Sooooooo...... has Berica set sail!?" Mom chirped.

Ben turned his head in confusion, so did I.

"What's Berica? And what does 'set sail' mean?" I asked.

"Berica means Ben+Erica" Catherine explained "that's you ship name, which stands for 'relationship', so that's why I said set sail!"

Ben looked at me with a 'should I tell her or no?' look.

In response, I kissed him. "Does that answer your question mom?" I told her.

She shrieked and had literally the EXACT same reaction as Ben did when I asked him out.

"Wait when does the mission start Cat? The idiot never clarified that.." Ben started

"0300 in two days. So Thursday to answer your question Benjamin." Mom replied. "Anyways, you two love birds get back to your lunch, I have a meeting at the CIA headquarters in 5" she said before darting to the exit.

I looked over at Ben and noticed the worried expression on his face. I grabbed his hands and pulled him into a hug.

"I know it may be scary, but it will be okay. I promise." I whispered.

He nodded and replied "How do you know.? I've been way to close to death on multiple occasions, and I don't want to loose you.."

"Well I just know," I said and kissed him. It was a surprisingly long one, with him deepening it. I still felt a bunch of sparks- wait no, fireworks. I grabbed his hand. It was still lunch time, and the mess was open for a bit longer due to it was only a half day of class today. Ben motioned for Trixie, Mike, Chip, and Jawa to come over, leaving Zoe at the table alone.

We agreed on having those four come with us on the mission, because Zoe was working with DADD so her hours on campus were limited. She could hardly even get all of her homework done with her work at DADD.

Mike and Trixie got here first, holding hands. I opened my arms for a hug from Trixie and smiled.

Ben handed them all the folders for the mission, and explained in a whisper "We are going on a mission to Hawaii!"

Trixie shrieked and the other 3 smiled. Ben filled them in on all the details and we got back to our table.

"Did you all know about how Afghanistan-" Ben started until Chip screamed like a girl.

"What?" Zoe asked.

"I'm afraid of long words.." he explained.

"Oh so you have Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?" Jawa asked. Chip shrieked again.

We all looked at each other and thought the same thing
Let's troll him!

"Don't you ever wonder why Mary Poppins literally made a song about Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious'?" I asked. Chip screamed.

"Yeah, and why we are all made up of Deoxyribonucleic Acid?" Jawa added.

"F YOU ALL!" Chip screamed and stormed off. We all bawling laughing towards his reaction, even Erica had a smile on her face.

Btw the whole lunch part and Chip being scared of long words is  inspired by Agent_Connor who is pretty cool, go follow him too!

We talked until about 1500 and then decided to do our own things. I decided to got to the gun range and practice my shooting (of course Ben, it's a gun range).

I picked up a M4 Carbine and started practicing. I was missing 72% of my shots, 20% made it on the outer ring of the board, and 8% on the bullseye.

Then I felt something grab me from behind. I inhaled the intoxicating lilac and gunpowder perfume and quickly realized it was Erica.

"Your aim is off, and your hand placement is wonky," she said while fixing my aim and hand placement from behind "pull the trigger"

I shot the gun and somehow hit the bullseye dead-on.

I looked back and smiled at her, admiring how great she was. She gave me a faint smile in return and helped me move to the next target. Again, she made the bullseye.

A few hours past and I decided to head up to my dorm. Erica was still training.

I got to my desk and was doing some homework on Bomb History. I absolutely HATED the assignment I was given. It was worth half of our grade in that subject and we didn't know any of it.

I got a knock at the door and someone opened it, it was Trixie!

"Hey Trix, what's up?" I asked.

"Hi, I have a quick question, so you know how Mikey Boo's birthday is coming up?" Trixie asked.

"Eww don't say that ever again!" I scolded "and yeah I know about it."

"Well what should I get him? I want it to be meaningful, and maybe a little expensive, but also affordable." She said.

I thought about possible options and one great idea popped in my mind.

"A dog!"

Anyways it's getting late where I live and I need my rest, again thanks for reading! I will be doing 10 for this 'can you stay' series! Love y'all!
-agent Zaya

Word count- 1105! New record!!!!