Delilah pt.2

"She's beautiful" I heard Erica cry.

I wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing to hear her cry, but I'll take it in as good. Pure joy filled the room, along with giggles from Erica and yaps from Delilah. I watched from afar, admiring the fact that Erica has melted over a dog she had just met.

I crouched down beside them, stroking the dog's fur and smiling at Erica. The one real Erica. The happy Erica.

"Ben, you didn't have to do this," she said "you didn't even have to get me a single present".

I looked at her like she was crazy. "What do you mean?"

"I didn't expect you to spend anything."

"I mean, you gave me Murray's tooth. That's something that costs quite a bit. So why can't I get you a little something?"

She grinned, and looked back down at Delilah. She put the collar around Delilah's neck, and smiled.

"Is she trained? We can't have her barking and crying while we are at our classes." Erica questioned, her voice sounding slightly concerned.

"Cyrus suggested a breeder that trains the dogs beforehand; therefore, this concern would come up. We'll take her out before and after classes." I informed her, "Cyrus also pulled a few strings so that the Idiot won't try to take her away, so you should thank him for that."

She smiled softly, and looked up at me. I smiled back. "Why don't we take her out for a walk? So she gets used to the campus?"

Erica nodded, and grabbed a leash that for an unknown reason she has in her utility belt.

I'm not even surprised.

We both walked down to the school yard. It was Sunday, so a lot of kids were off the Spy School property doing god knows what. The grass was empty, along with the sidewalks around the building and the quadrangle. The forest was untouched, and birds were freely roaming and singing their morning songs. The dew in the air was illuminated by the sun, creating a beautiful golden haze.

I looked over to Erica. She was smiling like a 5 year old was just granted a lifetime supply of candy. I looked down to Delilah, who was rolling in the grass. I smiled. This was perfect

THIS WAS A SHORT CHAPTER AND I AM SO SORRY! I will be hopefully updating more. Love y'all, stay safe