CHAPTER 9

The same night Paintbrush came back home after the Bow incident. The same people break into the house, but this time quietly. By opening the window with a metal pole and slowly getting in, Cabby and Taco finally got into the house of Paintbrush's.
"Okay. I think we should check the basement since that's the last place they were at," said Taco as she was walking around the house.
"Alright. But let's be careful this time. We don't want to startle them." Cabby was concerned, but knowing she had to do something or nothing will change. Even feeling like this might not work, she will do anything to set things right.
"Agreed," Taco said calmly. The girls try to find Paintbrush, but the unfortunate happens and they find them first. They were standing in the hallway looking at the girls emotionlessly. Taco and Cabby were mortified, they tried to slowly back away from Paintbrush. What didn't help is that Paintbrush doesn't look like they slept for days, and their hair was a mess. When the girls realized they couldn't take Paintbrush easily, Cabby made a move. She quickly put Taco inside her cabinet and went rolling away. This didn't sit well with Paintbrush, and their hair was catching on fire. The smoke was coming out of their hair, and once it faded away, there was only fire on top of their head. They let out a scream, and now they were on the hunt for Taco and Cabby. As Cabby thought she could escape, the main exit was blocked by a piece of the house that was half burnt. So, instead of going there, she escaped through the window and now the burning house.

Once the girls escaped the house, Cabby turned around and was shocked. Taco could also see what was going on by peeking through the cabinet she was in. The house was burning, and realizing Paintbrush is in there but knowing it was too late, Cabby and Taco were saddened by it. The smoke was coming out and the house was already falling apart. However, as hope seemed lost, part of the roof moved and Paintbrush was under it. Although this made Cabby somewhat happy, Taco was mortified and told her they should run. So she did, Cabby saw a bus driving by and thought this was an opportunity. With no people or somewhere else to go for a fast escape, she decided to take in. She ran to the bus while Paintbrush was chasing her from behind. Cabby jumped and landed on the bus, "Yeah!"
She thought of leaving Paintbrush already but didn't anymore once they jumped and were about to land on her. They landed on her and pushed her to the ground while the bus was still moving. The file cabinet landed on the soft grassy ground covered with dirt. Cabby quickly got up and went running again, but this time to the woods. She was running for her life, and so was Taco as she went back inside the cabinet, hoping for the nightmare to be over. Paintbrush was on the loose, and more bloodthirsty than ever. Now knowing the girls were the ones who broke in, Paintbrush wants nothing more but revenge because of it.

"YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE."

=================================

Word Count: 550