🏠1🏠 : Moving Out

Welcome Home is set in the late 1960s 70s,  that outfit is close to the summer style back then.   Y/n is a character just like the Welcome Home cast.  So hair, eyes, and skin can be what ever color you want.  I personally have myself as Light pink skin,  Hazel eyes,  and purple hair.

giggle's Library
Link here

Enjoy

🎶I'd like to be under the sea
In an octopus's garden in the shade
He'd let us in, knows where we've been
In his octopus's garden in the shade🎶

I danced along to the music that rang through my room as I packed my bag with all the essentials,  for an overnight ride I mean.    Clothes,  hair brush,  toothbrush,  toothpaste,  hair tie and ribbon.  All of my other things have been shipped to my new house,  it's a beautiful neighborhood too so I'll take my bike even thought it'll take longer to get there.   That's why I packed my overnight stuff, and a small tent too.   I've been out camping with friends and family multiple times,  so its not an issue.    I already sold my care to my housemate,  so I'm ready to go now.   I said my farewells before she went off to her job.
I double checked everything and then stepped out the front door.    I gave the house one last loving smile and a wave,  putting my bag in the basket of my bike as I started off on my new adventure.

The scenery was gorgeous,  especially with the sun setting.   It's been 2 hours since I left the house,  I should 30 minutes away now.
I'll just rest and have a snack,   a peanut butter chocolate cookie would perfect right about now.   I pull my bike off to the side and lean it against the tree,  allowing myself to fish out that sweet snack from my bag.   I sat down and had that first bite,  and by golly it was heavenly.   "Oh yeah,  that's a good cookie."   I tightened the ribbon that tied back my hair after finishing my cookie and moved forward,  closer to my new neighborhood.    I'm so excited!

30 minutes passed and I was able to see light illuminating a small town,  some of the residents are still wandering around on their way back home.   It didn't take long to find where I'll be living,  my new housemate gave me a good description.   I let my bicycle rest on its kickstand and went up through the walk way to the door,   when I knocked a beautiful bird opened the door.

"Oh goodness me,   you must be Ms. Y/n?"
"That's me!  You must be Poppy,  it's wonder to meet you."   I gave her a sweet smile as she let me in.   Her soft laugh was sweet,  like a loving relative.   "All of you things have been sorted out in your room,  you must be tired."    "A little,  the bike ride here was refreshing."     Poppy brought me over to her dining room and brought over potato Lasagna and fruit salad.   After dinner we sat in the living room and ate some sweets with a cup of tea,  chatting about what I'd be doing from here on out.
"I'm sure you'll love the people here Y/n,  everyone is so kind."    "Oh I don't doubt it.  By the way Poppy,  do you know anyone looking for volunteers?   I don't mind doing my fair share in this place,  I did the same thing where I was living previously."
She hummed thoughtfully and sipped her tea.   "Well now,  my friends Howdy Pillar and Eddie Dear have been needing help recently.   Howdy with running his store and Eddie with his deliveries.  How about you come with me tomorrow when I go shopping to meet them?"    I swallowed the bit of muffin I had in my mouth and nodded.
"Sounds swell!"

She gave me a small house tour and let me take a shower before bed,  I made sure to say goodnight to her too.
"Goodnight Poppy,  I can't wait to chat with you more tomorrow."    "Me too.   Goodnight Y/n,  rest well."
I snuggled into my new bed,  ready for tomorrow to come.

A simple start😙