🏠6🏠 : Painting Me A Picture

"Are you sure Wally?"
"I am sure Y/n,   I got a picnic blanket for you to sit and and an apple to hold and eat if you want."    Wally's easel was set up in the front yard,  positioned so that Home could watch him paint.   He asked me if he could paint me,  why in the world would I tell him no?  So now I'm walking over to the blanket and sitting down, grabbing the Apple and holding it.   "How do you want me to pose?"
"What ever makes you comfortable."
I lay back with my head in Wally's direction,    tilting my head to look at him in the eyes.
"Ready."   I lifted the Apple with one hand and tilted it to the side,   with the upper part of my arm on the blanket.  He then got to work,  each stroke delicate and precise.
The sun kissing my skin felt so warm and comforting,  I hadn't realized I fell asleep.

My legs straitened and my arm slowly lowered to the ground,   a gentle breeze tousled my hair as well.   It was already afternoon when Wally started painting,  so there was plenty of time to close me eyes.

"Wally?  Y/n?"
"Shh Sally,   she's sleeping."
"Oh I see,  what ya painting?"
"Her.  I'm painting Y/n."
"Wo Walliford,   that's one of your best paintings yet."
"It is,  isn't it?   It's not done yet."
"Ok,  well I just came by to ask you and Y/n about joining my next play."
"Sure,  I'll tell her later"
"Ok,  bye then."

It's been a bit since I closed my eyes huh.
I felt warm arms wrap around me and pick me up,  carrying me through a door I recognized as the sound of Home.   I was set on a bed,  one that was so comfortable a almost slipped into a deeper sleep.
"We couldn't just leave her out there,  could we?   It's going to rain any minute now,  I'll go get the painting supplies."  Creaks came from Home in agreement.   A warm blanket was pulled over me,  bringing me to snuggle into it.  It smells like crisp apples and Applewood.  I hadn't noticed this smell before,  but it's so relaxing.   "Let's let her rest now,  she can have her Apple later when she wakes up."   More sound came from Home,  "Yes,  I'm leaving the door open  just a little for her."   His footsteps became quieter and quieter,  then the room was silent.  I couldn't remember anything else after that since I succumbed to deep sleep.

I sat up and yawned,  cleaning the sleep from my eye.   Looking around the room I noticed how familiar it was,  this is Wally's room.   My bare feet touched the floor,  having me realize the Wally must've also taken my shoes off.   I made the bed and left the room,  going to where I assume Wally would be.   He was sitting on the sofa with a now dry canvas in his lap,  the painting of me.  I sat next to him and took in the entire picture,  it was gorgeous.   "This is outstanding Wally."  He nodded and slid it over to me.   "I painted it for you.   You can paint me soon if you'd like."   "I would love that."    He picked up a small booklet and showed it to me.  "Sally came by asking if we'd help with her play."   "Ooh that sounds fun,  let's do it."