surprise visit!

AN: background info: in this one-shot, taylor and steven have been dating for a little over seven months

✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡

it was the night of february fourteenth, valentines day, and taylor was lying on her dorm bed at finch college wondering why her boyfriend, steven, wasn't responding to her texts. 

everything had been going so perfectly with steven and taylor that the thought of the fact it was valentines day that he had chosen to ignore her texts made her heart hurt even more. 

it was the one day out of the entire year devoted to lovers, and taylor's lover was nowhere to be seen.

she was scrolling through sappy tiktoks when she heard a knock come from her bedroom door. "belly, is that you?" taylor asked. the person didn't answer. 

even though belly was supposedly out on a date with jeremiah, taylor knew that the only person it could be was belly. the other girls were all on dates or having galentine parties. taylor had thought steven would at least call her, but there was nothing.

"belly, i told you before. you don't have to knock. i know the other girls can be a lot in the sorority, but no one else is here," taylor said to belly. belly ignored taylor's comment and continued knocking on the door until taylor got up and opened the door for herself.

taylor's face lit up when she saw that it wasn't belly standing there knocking on the door. it was steven. 

he stood with a flirty smirk on his face and a bouquet of red roses in his hand for taylor. "i didn't need to knock, huh?" steven asked.

steven had hardly gotten the question out before taylor jumped into his arms and squealed, "steven, you cheeseball, i can't believe you came all the way here just for tonight!"

"aw, did you really miss me that much, tay tay?" steven asked, chuckling as he shut the door and walked into the dorm with taylor still clinging to him like a kola bear.

he plopped her down on the bed and she said, "you can't just sneak up on me like that, steven! i thought you were pissed at me since you weren't answering any of my texts!"

"come on, tay, i'm not gonna leave my girl all alone on valentines day," steven said. 

taylor shrugged. "hey, you gave me no context with your last text. seriously, who else in the world wakes up to a text from their boyfriend saying don't go bacon' my heart and then doesn't hear from him for the rest of the day?!" 

steven smiled and shook his head, sitting down next to her. "you were supposed to reply with i couldn't even if i fried! it's a great joke!"

"steven, no," taylor said, shaking her head with her eyes squeezed shut. "we've talked about this. dad jokes aren't funny."

steven gave her a look. "they aren't dad jokes. i'm not a dad."

"that doesn't make them any less corny!" taylor exclaimed with a laugh.

steven rolled his eyes and pulled taylor into his chest. "i'm glad you still think i'm corny, tay tay. because you're gonna wake up to a 'corny dad joke' every day from now on."

taylor groaned and lifted her head to plead with his eyes. "oh come on, you can come up with so much better jokes than corny dad jokes."

"oh, believe me, i'm aware. i'm doing this just for you, tay tay," steven said with a mischevious smile. "i hope you like roses, by the way. i would've asked what your favorite flower is... but i think it would've given my visit away."

taylor slowly leaned closer to him and kissed him feverishly. "i love them, steven. they're perfect... almost as perfect as your corny dad jokes."

steven wrapped both of his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. "i love you, taylor. i'm glad you like my corny dad jokes."

"there's nothing better than them," taylor said with a smile.