eyes wide open!

AN: This one shot is a longer one! Kinda has a few in one. For back ground info, this is mainly right after Susannah died, and Steven has just realized his feelings for Taylor and can't not tell her

Also, sorry the spacing on this is really weird-- I wrote it with A03 and copied it to here

✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡

Taylor sat with her legs crisscrossed on the couch, trying her best to comb through Belly's hair gently as they re-watched Pride and Prejudice for the fifth time in two weeks. Belly sat on the floor in front of her, staring blankly at the television, still reeling in dismal emotions because of her recent breakup.

Even though Taylor hadn't verbally expressed her worries before their break up, she'd had a horrendous gut feeling that Belly's and Conrad's relationship would soon come to an end. She frowned at the familiar scene of Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy fighting in the rain. It reminded her of Belly's breakup since both scenes had ended with the boy callously walking away.

Steven bounded in through the front door, eager to open an early-sent graduation card that had appeared in the mail earlier in the day. His giddy grin faltered when his eyes laid on his little sister and her best friend watching Pride and Prejudice for the ten-millionth time.

 He couldn't blame Belly for being in her feelings, but there was no way watching the same movie that many times after a breakup was a healthy coping mechanism. "Again? Why don't you guys watch something like an old Barbie movie or something instead of something so depressing?"

Taylor sighed and turned to face her best friend's older brother from the couch. "Really, Steven?" Her facial expression echoed the itching of annoyance. Steven's shoulders sagged as he rolled his eyes. "I'm sorry. I was just tryna help."

Taylor was opening her mouth to retort a sarcastic response when her phone started ringing. It was Milo, her new boyfriend. The corners of her mouth turned into a small smile as she picked up. "Hey, babe. What's up?" The eerily similarly-looking to Eminem boy sighed and begged for the girl to hang out with him since he had nothing to do and wanted to write a new song. 

"I can't right now. I'm at Belly's house," Taylor told him through the phone.

Milo muttered something about wishing that she treated him better, and the phone call ended with Taylor angrily shaking her head and hanging up. Steven's eyes narrowed as he watched the frustrated girl place her phone back on the couch and go back to combing through his little sister's hair. "Is everything... okay between you guys?"

Taylor rolled her eyes, wanting nothing more than to ignore the sentimental sound in his voice. "We're fine." Steven frowned at the incredibly obvious lie. "Yeah, okay. Sure you are. I can't believe you're actually dating him," He muttered.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Taylor questioned, whirling her head back around to squint at the suspicious boy. Steven shook his head. "Nothing. Just forget I said anything."

Most of their moments were like that, little banter and angry comments thrown back and forth. But after Susannah died, it all changed. Their dynamic was sweet and soft, in a way it hadn't been in years. 

Steven was kind to Taylor, like he had been when her parents' had gone through a divorce a few years prior. In return, she was just as caring with him, commonly trying to lift his and Belly's spirits from their seemingly pit of doom.