cousins party!

AN: i'm baaaaack writing more staylor for the summer!! for background info, this one-shot is during s2 ep 6 right after milo arrives at the cousins house, so nothing has happened in between steven and taylor (like party in the usa)

also this is a much longer one-shot than usual!

✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡

skye and cam wandered around a little outside before going back into the house to find taylor. they ran into steven and asked them if they'd he'd seen taylor. 

a deep pink color crept its way across his cheeks as he shrugged and nodded, trying to hide his smile at the mention of taylor's name. "yeah, i just saw her inside getting some drinks for some people. why are you guys looking for her?"

"milo's here, so we need to warn her," skye admitted with a reluctant sigh. steven frowned, realizing that if milo found her sooner than he did, he'd have to watch them talk to each other flirtily even though milo was definitely not the guy for taylor.

"oh, god," he muttered bitterly. "i'll help you guys find her. she probably went back into the epicenter of the party." 

skye and cam flashed each other quick glances after taking note of steven's subtle hint of jealousy. "you guys are close, aren't you?" skye asked steven.

steven shrugged as a little smile spread like butter across his lips. "i mean, yeah. closer than we used to be, for sure. i just don't really like milo. taylor deserves better."

"yeah, when he asked where taylor was he kind of seemed like he has some deep toxic masculinity in him," cam commented.

steven nodded with hesitation. "uh-- yeah, yeah. that's definitely what I meant."

after looking for taylor for about five minutes, the three of them found her talking to one of the local girls who had been a deb with a belly the previous year. "taylor!" skye exclaimed, walking up to the two girls. steven and cam watched from a little far away, making sure not to draw attention to themselves so that milo wouldn't find taylor. 

taylor turned around from her conversation and saw skye approaching. "oh, hey, skye. what's up? aren't you and cam DJing together?" 

"um, yeah. we were-- we are. we just needed to tell you something really quickly. sorry, i didn't mean to budge in on your conversation," skye apologized. 

taylor shook her head. "it's okay," she said, following skye over to where cam and steven stood. "i don't really care much about most of the people here anyways. why did all three of you come to talk to me?"

"we'll tell you when we get upstairs. we-- uh-- don't want to cause any commotion, especially not down here," cam explained. 

taylor frowned, not knowing what he was referencing. "what do you mean, 'cause a commotion'?"

"like cam said, we'll tell you upstairs," steven replied, taking her hand, silently and stealthily following cam and skye up the stairs.

taylor was about to let go of steven's hand because she had no idea what was happening, but he could tell by the way her fingers were loosening in his hand, so he held onto her tighter-- not too much as to where he would hurt her, but just enough to reassure her going with them was the best option.

when they all got upstairs, they headed into steven's room to make sure no one could follow them in. "sorry about all the dramatics, we just didn't want to tell you downstairs with him wandering around," skye apologized to taylor.

taylor shook her head, still confused as to what skye was referencing. "what are you talking about? who's the 'he' you're talking about?"

skye sighed and reluctantly admitted, "milo. apparently, he drove all the way from his house to visit you."