it's you!

AN: in this one-shot, steven and taylor have both always had a little thing for each other but never acted upon it. this occurs in highschool when she is a sophomore and he is a junior, and taylor has been broken up with her boyfriend of a year and a half for two and a half months now

& a little side note- i'm calling their school pine falls since we don't actually know where they go to school (so it's just a name i made up)

also, did anyone else see the rewatch thing with sean & rain a few weeks ago?? their friendship literally is just the sweetest thing ever, just watching them talk about the show makes me so happy. it also killed me when rain said they had a handshake and sean was absolutely lost out of his mind, they're SO FUNNY

✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡

billy's party was considered the event of the year (outside of school, of course, because it was a highschool party). there weren't too many rich people at pine falls or in their city, and billy was the most well-known boy in town. of course, that was only because his parents were rich. he wasn't exactly considered a good person.

taylor and belly were bored on an early friday night, so they decided to attend. taylor wanted to go after the first mention of the party because she enjoyed those kinds of events, but it had taken some serious convincing to get belly to go with her. 

steven and his friends went to parties every once in a while, and since billy's party was the event of the year, they'd never miss it. steven and his friend, spike, had only been there for about twenty minutes when he spotted taylor downing a glass of clearly spiked punch. 

his lips curved downward into a frown. he saw belly standing near her talking to one of their volleyball friends, so he went to go talk to her about it. 

steven and taylor bickered so frequently when they saw each other that he figured it'd be better if he pointed taylor's aggressive drinking to belly so she could be the one to handle it. he wanted taylor to be safe, and he really didn't want her getting annoyed at him... especially not drunk.

"hey, is taylor... okay? it looks like she's been drinking a lot," steven told belly, his eyes flashing to where taylor stood drinking from the red solo cup in her hand. belly tilted her head and squinted a little, inspecting her best friend's actions. 

"she wanted to come so she could take her mind off tommy. i'm sure it won't hurt if she drinks a little. that's her first one, anyways. taylor's use to this. she knows how much she can handle," belly tried to convince her older brother.

steven nodded with hesitance. "yeah... okay. just keep an extra eye on her, okay?" belly merely nodded. "i will." even though steven left to go back to hang out with spike and a couple of other guys, he still kept an eye out for taylor as well. after all, she was like family to him, and a family is supposed to look out for one another.

a little over twenty minutes later, steven saw taylor push through the crowd and run to the hall bathroom. she didn't bother closing the door and started to throw up into the toilet. she was inevitably zonked, and it seemed as though belly had not watched over her like she said she would.

steven walked over from where he stood to the bathroom as taylor started to stand up after being sick. her balance was not the best, so he gently reached out to grab her arm and pulled her close to his side. "are you okay?" he asked her over the loud crowd.

taylor slowly blinked and nodded. "yeah. i think i just ate something bad before i came here." steven nodded understandingly but wasn't hesitant to wrap an arm around her waist when she started to walk away from him and remained unbalanced, almost tripping onto the ground.